Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Drags@ Reynolds, GA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, Aug 14, 2012.

1. bauschracing

bauschracing

I was wrong, That willys in the picture is Larry Blakey. It was cream and had a matching cream open trailer. He is being inducted into the dragracers hall of fame at the reunion. Trying to get Frank Moye on this site. He has been taking pictures for 40 years and would be a wealth of information about old drag cars that ran in this area years ago. Platt came to mind because I was telling a co-worker about Yellow River Dragway and about the 13 people killed and 40 hurt. Platt was driving one of the cars.
    Mike

2. Larry Blakey or was it Blakley? Anywho that's good stuff right there! Thanks for that info!! Hopefully Frank Moye will chime in soon, I've got a few mystery drag car pics from back in the day I need info on :cool:

Here is one of what I think was Hubert Platt's old Georgia Shaker III bought by Harold Paisley and changed the name to The Flying Falcon

[​IMG]

And Hubert himself posing by it after someone pulled it out of a barn here in middle GA somewhere.

[​IMG]

And as it looks now

[​IMG]

Click here for more of that story

3. bbhotrod34

bbhotrod34
    from dalton, ga

cool stuff. love old racing history. did he run at paradise drag strip in calhoun, ga. back in the day, the track opened in 61

4. bauschracing

bauschracing

Love the old pictures. I like to look at what is in the background. Looks like a cyclone in the first Falcon picture. Looked at on of Frank's photo albums Saturday. Had pictures from Warner Robbins, The Wood Yard (lee county in alabama) Phenix city. Lots of pictures of early gassers and M/P cars. Even had a picture of Mr. Big Volume, the 1967 Biscaine that later became Bisquick. He had some Thunderbolt pictures that included "The War Eagle" of Steave Honnell. He was my auto shop teacher at Jordan Vocational High School.
    Hope Frank gets on this site soon.
    Anyway, bumped this to the top again.
    Mike

5. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Some really cool history there, would be the tits if we could see some of the people and cars get involved inthis event! I was on Joey Moores crew when he had the little dodge daytona Mojo that ran with dixie pro stockers out of alabama.

6. 32 day and counting

7. Cool stuff right there!

8. No doubt it would make for one hell of a show :cool:

9. Hey Josh, I've got a lot of my pics posted over in the Middle Georgia Gearbox here

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump for the afternoon crowd.

11. Dave did you ever get a hold of Chastin?

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I keep forgetting to call on the weekend. Guess I need to find out how many , if any want to go down on Fri. evening and stop off at his place.

13. 31 days and we will be going down the strip

14. Well I went down to the shop yesterday to swap tires on the coupe and the other set of Salt Flat Specials were the smaller bolt pattern. :mad: I could've swore they were identical, but apparently they fit the Dodge altered I want to sell. So now I have to swap tires from rim to rim. Oh well that's life I guess. :cool:

15. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

What bolt pattern/width/back space/finish on Salt Flat wheels?
    Dave

16. burnout2614

burnout2614

Swapping engines in my coupe. Maybe I can make a full pass this time!! peace

17. Dave they are exactly like this

[​IMG]

I think the bolt pattern is 5 on 4 1/4 or 5 on 4 3/8" They are 15" and I want to say the back is 10" or 12" wide and the front is 4" or 4 1/2" wide. Back spacing I am uncertain as well but the clear the disc brakes on the front of the altered.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  18. ORGANGRINDER

ORGANGRINDER

ok if you're going to this i may just have to go!!! give a a yes or no dude!

19. Back to the top for the East coast evening crew :cool:

20. 30 days till wooooooooo hooooooooooo time

21. Dave I'll go down to the shop tomorrow and measure the width, bolt pattern and back spacing.

22. Reggie, I will be at the Atlanta Dragway, Oct. 13th,,, for sure! BUT,,, the RUN WHAT ROU BRUNG , get-together is a great setting,, you would fit right in man! OR go to BOTH! Wheel standing wild man!!!!!!

23. Yes Reggie! It would be great to see you at the RWYB this year. Come on man!!

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Hell Yes Reggie! Yall come'on over! Maybe this will help Hog Mtn. Dave find time for us also! Both of yall to run, just for fun!
    Dave

25. 29 days left

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  26. You said that yesterday :confused: :D :D

Alright guys go time is coming up fast!

Be there! Be there!

27. Dave those Salt Flat Specials are 5 on 4 3/8"? Bolt Pattern The back wheels are 15 X 10 with about 3 1/2" backspace and the front are 15 X 5 with about an 1 1/2" backspace.

28. Back up top for the Saturday morning viewers.

29. Jamie has been swamped but says he will finish today. Sorry guys.

30. 383man

383man
    from Md

This is me at the Nostalgia drags at Capital raceway in Md. I redlited in the first round. Ron

[​IMG]