Register now to get rid of these ads!

NOS ARDUN V8 60 heads on the Fordbarn ... for Sale ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Roadster, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Matt Werksman ... son of Cotton Werksman has a set of NOS arduns for the V8 60 for sale ... expensive ... but when is the last time you ever saw a set ... much less NOS

http://www.fordbarn.com/v8swap/

Not mine ... nor do I know Werksman ... but I do know I would love to have the NOS Arduns ...:D

2. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Bet they go for at least 20K. Cotten Werksman is an ARDUN legend along with the late Tom Senter and others.

3. Amazing. I was only reading up about these a few weeks back and laughing about how cool it would be to score a set. Hmmm, "accepting offers" I know what the reply to mine will be so I best not bother!
    Cool find, thanks for the link.

4. plan9

plan9

the big players of old speed equipment will be sure to narrow the field substantialy... some fun speculation - my guess is going to be well over $30k... original 100hp Arduns have been getting $20k-$25k as of late. ;)

5. It would be nice to know what he actually expects for them. Guess that makes me sound like a butt. I just never have liked dealing with someone who doesn't give you an idea up front.

They would be nice to own, I've been wanting to play with a 60 for awhile.

6. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

This is certainly one of those times when if you have to ask you can't afford it.;) :D

7. No statement more true my topless friend.

Funny how things work, if I say make an offer it means its yours for the asking all you got ot be is bold enough to offer, otherwise i'll let you know up front how much i expect and if you come close or I like ya we made a deal.
    But when most folks say they are takeing offers it means they don't want to say how much they want for fear of scareing you off and if you don't offer as much as they want or the next guy you loose and still don't know the terms.:D

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I prefer to use the term "make me an offer I can't refuse" and have used it in the past. Some don't mind, others think your playing games, BUT for me, who doesn't know the true value of most items, it's the only fair way for all parties that might be interested in said item to get a fair shake. PLUS I don't want to feel like I've gotten ripped off at the end of the transaction.:D

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

110021212579[​IMG][​IMG]Item # 110021212579 on ebay,

I wonder if this is the same set?

10. plan9

plan9

hi beaner, im the same way... in this case though, not many sets have sold publicly for sometime now, id venture a guess that any V8-60 sets have been sold lately have been private transactions. the bar is going to be set with these, lots of newcomers with money have come into the hobby....this could get interesting.

11. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I'll bite. I bet they go for $50-60K and the buyer won't lose a penny on them.

12. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Definately the same set!

Do you think it would be very hard to make some brackets for these to put them on my SBC?

Ah never mind, it would probably be pretty expensive to make some brackets, oh well it was a thought!

13. I'd be interested to know what they go for myself.
    There do seem to be lots of folks out there who have a lot of liquid assets these days. I'd say it makes it harder for guys like me but it doesn't when you get right down to it, I've always been low buck and I'll always know where to find a bargan. Parts like ardun heads have never fit my budget anyway.

14. ol fueler

ol fueler

15. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

The best part is he's a HAMBer and chimes in to help with carb problems and other issues. (foxvalleyhotrods)

:D

16. kantgetnun

kantgetnun

this is one of those items that you dont sell for what you want for them. these sell for how much you can get for them!

17. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Matt's a good guy, and knows his stuff. So if he says they are NOS, I'm sure they are. Pretty funny some guys bid like $400 or $600 for them. They must be living in the stone age. I'll bet they go for over $30k.

18. Hell I'd offer 600.00 for 'em knowing full well that they will command a way higher price than that but you just never ever know. Once in a blue moon you make an ass backwards offer on something and get stuck with it.

I was at a garage sale in the '90s and these old folks rolled out a muscle car that was a pretty rare combo of options. A guy standing there offered 500.00 and had to cough up the bucks. he drove it away broke and happy.

19. As of 15 minutes ago I am the high bidder. Under the reserve however.... :(

20. One of our HAMB brother's Father owns those heads. Very neat story - maybe he'll share. Probably scared his auction will violate some policy though.

21. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I did not know they were on eBay ... :(

Now that I do ...
    I know $7500 does not make the reserve ... :)
    I am high bid but under the reserve ...

20 grand will not touch them IMHO ...
    and you know Matt Werksman knows what they are worth. I did not know he is a HAMBer either ...

:D

22. alchemy

alchemy

I tried to outbid you, but didn't make it. At least I can say I was "almost in the running" for some NOS Ardun heads. ;)

23. damn - I am going to copy that guys search key words - did you read them?

model A model b deuce gasser flathead hotrod rat rod custom streetrod dragster hilborn sprint car edelbrock fenton Ford chevrolet mopar thames anglia barn door shotgun bantam blower willys halibrand altered magnesium 1926 1927 1928 1929 1930, 1931 1932 1933 1934 1935 1936 1937 1938 1939 1940 1941 1946 1947 1948 1955 1956 1957 pickup roadster coupe 5w 3w I beam axle nostalgia 392 hemi enderle traditional scta muroc bonneville eelco injection stromberg mooneyes 3 window 32 duece dragster Speedster racing Street rod Hot rod Drag racing Dry lakes racing Midgets Stewart Warner Circle track Gasser ord gemsa hadees offy almquist winfield rutherford roof racing miller eddie meyer bell auto fenton crager hildebrant hildabrant thickstun tattersfield spalding kong navarro evans grancor hilborn schiefer offenhauser edmunds harman collins crower riley trans dapt scot super charger mcCulloch McCullough supercharger Graham-Paige frenzel wilcap wil-cap wico lsr land speed drop tank bellytank belly tank land speed el mirage muroc scta lakester salt flats p-38 p-51 dry lakes cyclone pat warren quickchange quick-change frankland winters cae firestone roadster

pretty much all the cool hot rod stuff there is!!!!!

24. skajaquada

skajaquada
    from SLC Utard

my girlfriend would be jealous of those heads if she knew what the thought of them was doing for me...

how do something like those heads stay hidden for so long? it's just un-fucking-real that those are NOS

25. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Matt is "fox valley hot rods" on the HAMB.

26. The heads belonged to friend of my father who passed away last year. He was a great car fanatic and a hell of a pack rat. The Arduns almost ended up in the dumpster after he died.

This is 100% out of my hands (or else I'd be keeping them). I'm going to miss out on the Arduns, but I've got a bunch of parts that were on his '32 roadster in 1950 and someday I'll be recreating that car (it had finned Edmunds heads, not Ardun).

Here's the story from last year...

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62467&highlight=monoxide+manor

John kept the V8-60 motor that these were going to go on under his bed, but then he got rid of the engine when his mattress sagged far enough that he was getting a lump in his back. :D

27. The37Kid

The37Kid

I sold Matt something on eBay a few months ago, nice guy, we had a few emails about ARDUN V8-60's. Back in the 1970's I had ARDUN V8-60 # 1001 a complete built engine that I was told spent its life on a Dyno. Just last year I was reading "Zora Arkus-Duntov The Ledgend Behind Corvette" and can bet my '32 Vicky it was the ARDUN 60 that Zora drove in a midget that set a track record at Yellowjacket Speedway in Philadelphia. I swapped it for $2,000.00 worth of repro 1932 Ford parts I needed for a Wescott roadster project I had at the time. AT THAT TIME, it was a good deal:eek: , sure I'd like it back along with a few cars and motors that I parted with. Always got what I wanted at the time of sale/swap, so I don't worry about what I could have today. :D

28. What kind of horsepower would the heads add? Probably a better question would be - How many HP could you get out of a full built v8- 60 HP flathead with these heads?

I guess they were mainly for midgets or other specialty race cars?

Let dream a little - say you did buy the heads - would you build them or keep them as is?

That would make a cool little modified motor! Something like Harrison built. Who would you get to do the machine work?

He had the engine for those heads under his bed??? Then tossed it because his mattres sagged? I guess he never saw the thread about making a table out of a block. :D

Can't wait to see all the other parts you got Big A.

29. I hope that these are destined for a museum or a good collection (or maybe they'll end up back on a shelf, wrapped in bedsheets and tucked in beside the family china again for another 50 years). Even if someone had a lot of cash, it would rather suck to build a motor with these... then grenade it. You'd lose more than the monetary value.

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:(

Someone just outbid my bid of $7510 ( my bid ) ...
    20 thousand dollars will not but them in my opinion ..

:rolleyes: