The Jalopy Journal
Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by norms30a, Jan 11, 2011.
Good old bill the cat.
Haven't seem your thread for a while, the car is looking soooo nice!
Keep at it
had it out for a drive or two, seems I might have a vacuum leak and it needs some tuning. It seems like the trans doesn't shift into 4th. so some work to do.
Its a Meuce Coupe...looks like its a little cool down your way too. Congratulations on your finalizing of your coupe.
Decided to fix my vacuum leak with a new intake as the first one was a very poor fit, had some help with that. Next I decided to try upholstery. Made some paper patterns for around the windows, then made them out of left over sheet metal.
Did some pattern making for the lower area too. Also for the kick panels and doors.
Cut a panel to screw to the roof. The dome light will hold the center up.
Looking very good. Hope the shifting issue get resolved easily.
A friend told me since it has been sitting for a while I just need to get it out and drive the heck out of it.So I will do that in the spring.
Then I glued the kick panels with 1/4 foam then vinyl and put them in.
Then I did the doors. Foam then vinyl with spray glue, very simple with no pattern so it looks old car.
Cool man I like the brown with the maroon. Looks good.
Thanks redzula, I did not know what to use but it seemed that most of the antique cars I've seen had some kind of brown or gray so I kind of picked something that looked old. I glued vinyl to the metal and test fitted it on around the windows.I didn't put any foam under it here.
Started installing the back parts of the interior
I got my headliner material glued to the panel and started installing it.
That looks great! Keep up the cool work; hopefully it gets "finished" soon! (Even though they never really are finished!)
Finished the headliner, simple but I think it works.
Never done any upholstery before and I think it shows, but I kind of like the primitive A look. I got quite a few ideas from D-Russ and his Vicky, thanks for that. I think the doors should have some kind of pockets though.
Not an easy task, came out really well.
Pattern for carpet time.
Carpet is cut and in, I did not put an edge on it because I did not know how, and I will probably pay for that later.
The carpet is brown just a lighter shade, camera changes it. I glued upholstery
material to the hump. The seat is still grey, I don't want to tear it apart as it is very comfortable now and I don't want to ruin it.
Separate names with a comma.