Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nor Cal (Sac) bone marrow drive..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Jim, they told me I was too old but if you need any blood we can still donate that, our prayers are with you guys at this time.......Carl

2. brewsir

brewsir

Hey Jim I couldn't make it up there either...but I did register online (might have fudged my weight a few pounds to meet their limits!!) hope Shelley kicks it's ass!

3. rokcrln

rokcrln

My wife and I joined the list first of the year! Good luck with everything you are both in our prayers!

Kevin & Carissa
    LFD Inc.

4. Jim

Jim

Thanks to ALL of you that did make it out and also the ones that have taken the time to register on line.. I did find out on Friday that there is a code that you can enter while registering to make it free.. If anyone is interested in that just PM me and i will get it to you..

Useless and Dick Dake thanks for letting people know that it is simple and also rewarding to know that you are helping to save a life...

We came home today from our secound round of chemo and Shelley is resting but quite nausus... all of this is new to both of us and hopefully will get easier with each round...

The feeling of helplessness is at times overwelming and that is when I have to remember what great friends and family we both have and look forward to getting this behind us...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Jim, where are you at with this? Marrow match found yet? I'm sorry to hear the chemo is making your wife so ill. She's not alone, it makes most everyone sick.
    Get her some dried Papaya and Pineapple or if she's up to juice, Papaya and Pineapple juice. Yes, seriously. Yogurt is good too.
    Our best to you both.