Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nor Cal Bone Yard

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Donmon, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Does anyone have any info on the 20 plus acres of old cars just out side of Williams on I5 in Northern California? I drove by the other day, stopped in but no one was around and it was knee deep in mud (not good for dress shoes). There looked to be hundreds of old round fendered cars with racks of parts. I think the sign said Big M?? I will try to stop by again soon and poke around, Just thought someone allready had some experience with this yard and could share some comments. Good deals, bad deals etc. Thanks, -Don

2. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Yes, that is Big M, it is actually in South Williams and there is usually a guy that lives/works
    in the trailer house as you pull up to the large barn. The owner is usually at the other part of Big M which is a little North on the same road I think. That place is mostly indoors and has a lot of small parts.
    I have bought parts there since I am about 100+ miles North of there. I don't think there is any car newer than late 60's. Great place to walk through during dry weather although you need to watch out for "black widows" and other crawly creatures.

IMHO

Attached Files:

3. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

damn. wish there was a place like that here in jersey

4. Cool!

I will check out the indoor barn next time up as well. Thanks for the info and pic.

5. GOONZ

GOONZ

John is a good guy and is usually at the smaller shop down the road. If the gate is open at the big yard they, are open and they let you wander. I got my buick drums from there. It was a shame, we took them off a clean running sedan and they were like new.

6. bava17

bava17

I second that. John is a really, really good guy. And he is always, always at Turlock in January under cover in the open air barns with lots of stuff.