Register now to get rid of these ads!

NOBODY stands by their word anymore!!!! RANT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chrome_fins, Jun 9, 2009.

1. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

:mad: WHY!! WHY ON EARTH ARE PEOPLE SO DEVIOUS!!! nobody is good to their word anymore. i have been dealing with oldcarcityusa to buy some parts for MONTHS now, waiting on pics, waiting for them to be pulled, waiting for a price, waiting waiting waiting, finally get a price, which was a good price for such rare parts, a set of 57 plymouth bumper wings for 200 dollars, needing chrome....he tells me he'll hold em for 30 days, and today i find out they're on ebay, and he's selling them out from under me! GAWD! every time i turn around someone is lieing, stealing, something! NOBODY IS HONEST ANYMORE! I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!!! Those things are my "ultimate want, my once in a lifetime find" the parts i thought i would never be able to find and afford for my car...i had them, and now they've been yanked away from me, i feel like i have been punched in the gut! sorry for the rant, its just such a hopeless feeling, and this world of dishonesty is killing me! aargh!!!!

2. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

How much are they going for on ebay? Hate to say it but cash talks.....

3. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

4. [​IMG]

Feel better now? Now call this dingus up and rant at him!!!

5. Could it be he has a second set?

6. Gigantor

Gigantor

Why was he "holding them" and not "shipping them"? Were you not able to pay? Money now. Bullshit later.

7. yblock292

yblock292

Trust me theres still a lot of honest people out there. Before i came on board , i would NEVER dream of sending $$$$$$$$$$ to a total stranger across the country and trust him to send the stuff. Bet i have done it at least a dozen time with brother H.A.M.Ber's and not give it a second thought. All the dealings i have had with Alliance members have been good, usually end up BSing about cars and stuff, but the more i deal with them the more i focus on strictly dealing with them when ever possible . Maybe I'm just lucky, been screwed a few times only once was what i would consider big money $1500 , on a 41 sedan i did for a guy , he was an ass about and stiffed me for the final payment.

8. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

if you were waiting for months and they finally found what you were looking for, why would you want them to hold 'em for 30 days? seems like you had a lot of expectations for someone not ready w/ cash... they probably figured you were wasting their time as well.. bottom line, you snooze you lose- same as its always been... how's that for honesty? anyways, sounds like you still have the opportunity to get the parts, if you really want 'em, just buy em

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  9. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Seems to me that once a really great price was given by a business on a rare part I needed, a Credit card number should have been exchanged IMMEDIATELY.

Opening the Jiffypop.

10. roundvalley

roundvalley

So what date did he say 30 days?

11. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Dude -Wake up and smell the catfood. It's car parts. If they are so precious, have a set made, make them yourself or out bid everybody else or never deal with the guy again.

As long as your attitude is "NOBODY IS HONEST ANYMORE" that is exactly what you'll find. When you let someone else control your emotions, you've lost. Move on, get over it and find another pair. It's not the end of the world....

12. Try to put yourself in his shoes. He has bills to pay, places to go,people to meet. Nothing is free. He has expenses.
    You might of tried leaving him a deposit,and get a reciept. Make a deal with the guy. Give him SOMETHING. But to just expect him to hold on to something because you ARE GOING TO BUY isn' the samething as buying. As the others on here say, money talks, everything else really doesnt count.
    I've sold parts since I was 16,now 53 and still selling and buying stuff. Prolly will till I die, and it is fun. How have I done? I think all in all, I'm about even. I made a little money now and then, but lost some too. It works out about the same. If I didnt love doing it, I prolly would not do it. My wife thinks it's a complete waste of time. She may be right. But, I like it. IT's fun for me to see what's out there. I like to poke around and into people's garages and go to swapmeets and hang out with guys and learn shit. I don't think I'll ever get rich at it. Car guys are hard. They know what they want and if you dont have it, they move on to the guy that does. Period.
    My advice to you is to keep searching. Turn over new rocks. Sometimes,when you miss a deal, a new deal, a better deal comes along. Keep trying. Don't give up. And buck up and find your sax. Look to your inner self for your hidden strengths and talents. It's there. I know it is. And so do you.

13. Squablow

Squablow

Yeah, I don't get the "hold them for 30 days" thing. If I would have known about these I would have done whatever possible to have $200 cash in hand that day, and take them off myself if necessary. I'll be SHOCKED if those go for less than a grand, even in the condition they're in. Extremely rare to find a complete set of original cores, I'm the guy who makes repops of these and even my new ones are pricey.

Yeah, it sucks you lost out on a fantastic, incredible deal, but personally I think you blew it by not getting them immediately. 2 minutes of research on the internet would have told the guy that they are worth some serious coin. Money now, bullshit later is right.

14. Racewriter

Racewriter

Money talks and bullshit walks. I've been buying and selling car parts for over 25 years, and I've never held anything for anyone and never asked anyone to hold anything for me. And I've been happy with 99% of the transactions I've been involved with.

15. MP&C

MP&C

On the flip side of that coin, how many times do you think they (as well as other vendors) have heard the same song and dance, aggravating them for pictures, information, measurements, etc, only to have someone not follow through with the purchase? For ultimate, once in a lifetime parts, I would have broke out the credit card or made a road trip within a week.

16. They're on Ebay. Start bidding.

17. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

does it matter?

chromefins-"can you find some parts for me?"
    oldcarcityusa-"we're looking for ya"
    chromefins-"man i really need these parts"
    oldcarcityusa-we're still looking for ya."
    chromeffins-"man, i really , really need these parts!"
    oldcarcityusa-"i think we found what you're lookin for"
    chromefins-"how much?"
    oldcarcityusa-"$1"
    chromefins-"wow, that's a great price!!! can you hold'em for thirty days for me?"
    oldcarcityusa"yeah, sure buddy, we'll hold those parts for you":rolleyes:

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

these posts are always funny. wonder if i've ever pissed someone off by selling parts to a guy with cash while another guy who only liked to talk about parts thought they were someohow promised to him??

19. What is oldcarcity your local pawn shop and storage facility?

You should have paid the man! He probably had at least 2+ hours into pulling parts, taking pics, returning your emails. He runs a business to make money not hold parts on someday deals.

s.

20. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

well, not exactly like that, lol...i KNOW there are honest people out there, i do have good deals too, but i needed to vent to people i knew would understand. the reason he offered to hold them was that i was talking to him about buying a whole car, and he said he'd hold em and just pitch em in the seat of the car if i bought it, we hadnt even finished the car deal, b/c he wont get me pics or a price on that either... i did offer to put $ down on them, he would not take a deposit, said no problem, they were off and at his house and they were mine...its a middle man selling for the old man who owns the yard, so im sure he just trying to get his cut. the thing about the ebay deal is that i KNOW i wont be able to afford them on there, that is why i was counting myself so fortunate to have found them. i know, if it doesnt happen, it wasnt meant to...still stings a bit though....

SQUABLOW: what do your new ones run? i didnt know anyone ever actually finished getting them repopped. im not opposed to repops. but i would steer away from the fiberglass ones, they're not all that good.

21. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

22. 53choptop

53choptop

Couldn't of said it better.

As far as my word goes, I live and die by it, my father taught us to grow up that way.

So saying NOBODY is good on their work anymore kinda hurts my feelings. :)

23. heatmiser

heatmiser
    from mia

24. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Everything is still for sale until money changes hands.

25. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

well since you were dealing with a middle man....maybe you should talk to the owner next time and share your dillema with him/her......I'm sure he/she would want to uphold their business reputation.....if it is they have a good one

26. I'm still holding out for a night with Raquel Welch myself. But I'm afraid all the good Raquel is long gone.

BTW I'm basically honest. So its not that nobody keeps their word, its just that I don't have anything that I want to sell you that you want really bad.

Look at it this way, those guys got overhead and want to eat besides, right? They probably think that you aren't really going to buy the parts because in the months that you have been dealing with them you probably could have saved up the asking price and been ready with cash when they finally got off their duff and got back with you.
    So they are thinking this guy isn't honest 'cause no one is any more ....

Catch my drift? There is more of those out there when the time is right you'll probably have some.

Now as for Raquel, well when that's gone that's it there aint no more and a ropop, for get it.

27. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

my problem is that honestly, i probably should have known he was not to be trusted, by the way the deal was going and i talked myself into giving him more credit than he deserved. i tend to be trusting, i want to believe people are honest and straight forward like i am, and i get burned...i see things in retrospect, and see where i should have noticed things...signs, but i dunno, i just wish you could still take a man at his word. guys on here are great, never had a problem, but out there, its every man for himself, and the dollar is king...he probably saw something somewhere, where a set sold for full price, and got greedy.

someone asked what oldcarcityusa is... its touted to be the larges collection of pre 72 cars in the country. they are in white, ga. the cars were bought to make a tourist attraction, but now theyre selling off as a salvage.

28. jville_hot_skater

jville_hot_skater
    from jville

patience is a virtue....some other deal will come better along.

29. chrome_fins

chrome_fins
    from Tulsa, Ok

i know it will, im certain of that...its just so hard to look that direction and forget about this...lol

30. 19Fordy

19Fordy

6/10/09 Already at $300+ with five days left. Wow, I guess those are RARE.