Register now to get rid of these ads!

No More Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Aug 28, 2007.

1. So there finally was a last Paso..................:(

Choptop...I'm with you. Plenty of other places to stop for gas, etc...

Bryan

2. 53chevy

53chevy

Man.......It feels like your best friend moving away. Allot of history and stories with Paso. It's a shame. Man it be surreal to drive there on Memorial day weekend and see empty..............

Ken

3. DIRTYDAG

DIRTYDAG
    from cleveland

Dont the GOLD CHAINERS have the big Fathers day show at the Paso fairgrounds a few weeks later? thin k maybe attendence has dropped over the years? So Bobby Goldchain and his buddies go to city council meeting and stir up some shit so the city will throw the hoodlums out and since no show ....they will wait a few weeks and come to the Fathers day show and then they will be filthy stinking rich? ???????????

Come on Scooby lets go get some snacks!!!!!

Someone close by should go door to door and let the business owners know and get word to the towns people so they can have a rumble at the next city council meeting....

GO FIGURE!!!!! One of the biggest shows in the WORLD!!!! people from MARS came to that show every fucking year!!!! (they were the spandex people i believe)Does this moron even know how big this show is? Get this assholes address and get a line of primered cars to pull up to his house every day for a week....Fuck em' Move it to San Luis Obispo....All they have is the Portuguese Festival...Or Pismo...Morro Bay/Los Osos(on the beach at the rock and eveywhere else in Morro Bay!!!

I for one will write the city hall and express my opinion!!!! You Should too!!!!

I bet Boyd knows the asshole in charge!

4. KIRK!

KIRK!

GREAT NEWS!!!

Fuck Paso! No need to go to a town that doesn't want us there. They have made that painfully clear ($$$) for years. No love lost here.

Santa Maria here I come!!!

The only bummer is that Santa Maria is 60 miles further south. You lazy So-Cal fuckers have it even easier now. :D

5. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Little longer drive for the Nor Cal people but otherwise... I'm good.

Santa Marie here I come.

6. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I'M WITH KIRK !!!!

7. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

what a joke...
    Paso is the biggest part of my car show budget.
    now Santa Maria will get my $$

8. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

Bummer, I never got to go.

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

So DD, YOU are absolutely fucking 100% POSITIVE it was the gold chainers that stirred the shit pot?

OR are you just throwing up shit and running your mouth? And that's what it looks like to me...

So what it the gold chainers do have a big show there...??? I doubt anyone is getting rich...

Besides, what's Coddington got to do with it...??? Oh, wait, you must think he's a "gold chainer"...

R-

You drive a primered car...???

10. G9mickey

G9mickey

We should all show up in Paso anyway... and do big burnouts and puke in the park........

11. It's TRUE. I've been sitting on this for a couple weeks as per Penny's wishes. I'm gonna try and go up with her to one of her meetings and scope out the town. I'll try and find something to replace the A&W, the Bowling Alley, and other hangouts for before and after show hours. Things that made Paso cooler than most events

12. Marcy

Marcy

937 S Thornburg St, Santa Maria, CA 93458
    Just South of Main St

Marcy

13. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I wonder how long it will be till the same dummies that made fun of the Bike Patrol will kill this new venue?? It's sad but sometimes you have to Police your own crew. No matter what the show the people are kinda like guests there and should try and act so. I have never been to Paso so I cannot comment on too much other then whats been posted here . I guess it's about " Attitude "

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

well doesn't that suck. I've been going there since I don't know when.

the part about no primer cars says a lot about the many reasons why the city decided to make these changes. it only takes a few assholes to fuck it up for everyone.

it will never be the same anywhere else. just another show now....

15. Their greed just bit them on the ass. Let them try to get $200+tax a nite with a 3-day minumum at the Budget Inn from a whiner. I talked to Timmy T who owns the Pizza joint near the Paso Inn, and he said if the show moves he's gonna bill the Mayor $10,000. That's how muck MORE he makes on our weekend. The Motel owner where i stay says it's his biggest weekend. It's decisions like this that kill small town America. Kill a few Ma/Pa businesses with moves like this, and then comes WalMart

16. Terry O

Terry O

17. It'll be TOO LATE. This is a done deal unless they come crawling. But, even then, Penny says she's outgrown the town anyway.

18. KIRK!

KIRK!

It will have a little less character being at a fairgrounds, but I go for the people anyway, so I'll still have a blast.

19. lownrusty

lownrusty

booked at the inn, They have a speedway in town too!

20. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

that place is awesome, I hope he's able to go through with that! A friend of mine over there knows him personally and said he's a great dude...aside from that the food was good and the atmosphere/service rocked.

as for the dumbass hecklers...man I wanted to pound those guys in the face but it just doesn't do any good; it sucks, you can't reason with or beat a drunk idiot and make much effective progress. guys like that will eventually wreck it in Santa Maria or anywhere else. can we set up an unofficial security force to beat stupid people and throw them out? haha.

still stoked that I got to go this year, I popped my Paso cherry on the last Paso show ever. pretty bummed that I didn't go to the previous ones.

21. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

It's not the destination, it's the journey. Santa Maria seems like a cool town and if they want the show then everyone needs to come and thank them by spending our hard earned cash. I'll still call it Paso even if it's not there. I still call the GNRS "Oakland".
    Thanks for finding the fairgrounds Marcy it looks to be right in the middle of town.
    "Ghetto of the central coast" Hell Yes!! Seems like my kinda' town. -stick

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

That's funny, me too, I was thinking about the exact same thing earlier.

23. 53chevy

53chevy

Also, stopping at Santa Maria a few times (a bite to eat and gas), you tend to forget that you're still in California. Though I can't judge a town by the few folks I saw, but....No shoes needed, or teeth, and it's OK to leave your crack pipe outside the door. San Luis Obispo would have been nice, I really like this place with lots of cool hangouts.

Ken

24. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

Some stupid hottrodders may have had a part in this but let's not forget the locals. They caused alot of the grief if not more so.
    We need to support Penny and keep Rich's legacy alive. -stick

25. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I think the interesting note that keeps getting posted is how the "tuff-guyz" (and lets be honest 95% of them don't even have a car at the show) come to these events like Pasoin huge droves and play Mike Ness all weekend- Acting tough, yelling at cops, and starting fights. Its not the primered cars that bummed Paso out, I bet it was the 10,000 jerks who showed up to "hang out" at the show.

I still say cable hot rod shows ruined it for us! =-)

26. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I though Atascadero was the ghetto of the central coast.

27. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Glad I made it out this year. It is a shame to move a town show to the fairgrounds but if that is what it takes to keep it going, so be it.

28. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Being I moved to WV from Santa Maria (2 blocks from the fairgrounds!) just about 4 years ago all I need to say is watch out for people driving 1986 Datsuns or Toyotas. Check with "The Bent Axels" car club (gold chains) as they have a show there every year, plus the truck shows they have at the Fairgrounds. Lots of hotels/motels with in 20 miles or so.
    The real Ghetto of the Central Coast is San Luis Obipo and that's in the city hall.

29. cruzr

cruzr

i am looking forward to it........already have my reservation at the Santa Maria Inn.........

30. Badfella

Badfella

I'm just hoping we won't have to move our rides in and out every day like passhole made us do. That part of it sucked. Yeah, change is good sometimes...