Register now to get rid of these ads!

No More Paso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris Casny, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Doug Door just sent this via Myspace. I hope it's not true.

"PASO ROBLES" CRUISIN NATIONALS IS BEING MOVED TO ----------
    Body: OK EVERYONE, JUST TO LET YA KNOW THAT THE HUGE SHOW IN "PASO" THAT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR 26 YEARS IS BEING MOVED TO "SANTA MARIA"!!!! I JUST TALKED TO PENNY, THE LADY WHO PUTS THE SHOW ON EVERY YEAR AND IT IS TRUE!! HERES A FEW THINGS WHAT I WAS TOLD: THE CITY WOULD ONLY ALLOW 500 CARS........."NO-PRIMERED CARS"...........AND NO VENDORS!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? IT'S REDICULIOUS AND WWE ALL KNOW THAT! AND NOT TO MENTION ALL THE $$$$$$$ THE CITY WANT JUST FOR SECURITY, THE CRAPPERS ETC....I WON'T TELL YA THE PRICE, BUT BELIEVE ME, IT IS FREAKIN ALOT !!!! YES, WERE ALL GONNA MISS GOING TO THE LITTLE TOWN OF "PASO", BUT FOR THE REASONS I AM POSTING I KNOW WE CAN ALL UNDERSTAND WHY IT HAS TO BE MOVED!!!!! ME PERSONALLY, THE NO PRIMERED CARS!! THEY OBVIOUSLY THINK HAVEING PRIMERED CARS THERE MEANS TATTOO'D BAD PEOPLE...ONCE AGAIN IT SOUNDS LIKE US HOT RODDERS AND EVERYONE THAT IS TATTOO'D IS TROUBLE!! THINGS LIKE THAT REALLY PISS ME OFF, SO I'M NOT GONNA TOUCH ON THIS SUBJECT! -------------------------------SO "SCREW PASO" THE CRUISIN NATIONALS IS BEING MOVED TO SANTA MARIA!! OK SO REPOST THIS OFTEN AND LETS GET THIS WORD OUT TO EVERYONE, SPREAD THE WORD AND TELL THEM THAT THIS CAME FROM DOUG "DoRr" AND THIS IS IS NOT A JOKE OR A RUMOR.......IT'S 100% TRUE! I WILL KEEP YA INFORMED OF ALL THE DETAILS AS I GET THEM IN!!!! NOW GET THE WORD OUT, MAKE SOME CALL OR DO WHATEVER YA NEED TO DO TO TELL EVERYONE "PASO" IS BEING MOVED TO SANTA MARIA!!!! THANKS!!!!!!! REPOST-------REPOST------REPOST-----REPOST!

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Dates For 2008 Event?

3. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

wohooo! its closer to me know.......that sucks paso was a cool place to have it

4. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I guess Paso Robles doesn't need the money.

5. RF

RF

The only thing I think of when someone says Santa Maria--CHPs. Never fails, southbound or northbound, if they're not hiding behind a tree, they've got a customer. Wonder if the town has good donut shops?

6. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I'm not surprised. Paso wants to be the next Napa valley with all it's winery's.
    I'm sure there plenty of wine tourist money coming into the city.

7. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

if you guys drank wine and went window shopping it would be all right.

8. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Just got off the phone with Penny, its true santa maria fairgrounds... buildings bands and alot of fun....

Screw the Paso City Manager who wanted
    NO VENDORS
    ONLY 500 CARS
    $36000 for police!!!! Screw them!!!!

9. Santa Maria? Now the town will have something else to be famous for -- besides barbecue.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Wow... just wow....

11. 60'coupe

60'coupe

Well it sounds like Paso got what they wanted, a lot less CASH flow for the month of MAY, That's ok, Santa Maria will do just fine ! I'm going to look for a House to rent right now !
    Rob

12. lolife

lolife

It's all about greed. Anything more than 50 cars is a business.

13. RF

RF

I'm gonna miss all the pink spandex.

14. Choptop

Choptop

Its absolutely amazing how short sighted some city councils, or other governing bodies can be.

we can only hope that the businesses, the real losers in all this, express their feelings about this come election time.

15. gillgonzalez

gillgonzalez
    from San Diego

You can still wear the spandex...its only a different town not a different show.

16. cruzr

cruzr

cool............closer for me

17. elcornus

elcornus

THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

SANTA MARIA IS THE GHETTO OF THE CENTRAL COAST!!!!!!!!!

Y'all better keep your shit locked up tighter than a ducks ass, lots of less than desireable people down there.

18. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

unfuckbelievable!!.........

19. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I have a customer in Santa Maria, better schedule that "business trip".

20. Vorhese

Vorhese

Dates please, I want a chance to get a hotel this year.

21. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

I hope Santa Maria hotel owners are a little less sleasy-- I also hope there are a few more rooms available.

Wow- the end of an Era. I've taken an old car to Paso every year since 1995--
    And I'm not that old!

I have lots of memories of sleeping in some nasty hotel rooms~

jay

22. Choptop

Choptop

I nicely worded open letter to the Paso Newspaper, if there is one, or the governing body that screwed this up stating that on our way to Santa Maria no hot rodder, particularly those that own "primered cars" will spend one penny in Paso as they pass by should be in order.

23. Rusty

Rusty

Another reason to make it back out there

Rusty

24. 53burb

53burb

Glad that I was able to experience last years show being my 1st 'paso show. Looks like the only show that I will have the giddies to go to now will be the MoonEyes Xmas show. KNUX!

25. RF

RF

Always the same weekend, each and every year: Memorial Day

26. greasel

greasel
    from Fresno, CA

wow, that's weird. of course, I can understand why they don't want some of the guys there that show up...at the cruise I was standing next to a couple guys yelling, taunting and swearing at the bike cops for a.) being there and b.) not riding harleys(even though a few of them actually were patrolling on Harleys...).

unfortunately it doesn't take very many stupid people to mess up a good thing...hopefully it goes well in santa maria....which is fine, I have a couple friends that live there that will let me stay with 'em.

27. Vorhese

Vorhese

I am dumb

28. Bigdaddy

Bigdaddy
    BANNED

Please look at my post the dates are May 23 24 25 2008

29. Lets give a big round of thanks to all of the dummies who thought they couldn't kill a show. End of an era. Sad really. That is all.

30. Bumpstick

Bumpstick

So where are the Santa Maria fairgrounds? I looked at a google map of SM and there aren't any fairgrounds I could see. -stick