Register now to get rid of these ads!

No more baby blue 52 =(

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by elrobo818, Sep 30, 2010.

1. elrobo818

elrobo818

SOOOO... I fucked up a completely perfectly good looking car...

i needed a change though... i drove it stock for 2 years...

thanks to the help of a lot of people throughout the last couple of months i've been able to change it up...

shaved hood, doors, trunk, lowered... and primered... thats bout it... but it makes it look like a totally different car.

check out the pix. let me know whatcha think.

started off as this...

[​IMG]

then went to this...

[​IMG]

now its this.... (crappy cell phone pic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jordster

Jordster

Maybe get the two-tone going again on the flanks and roof? That chrome piece on the rear door without the second color seems a little off, less so with the green, but still.

The green doesn't look bad, just feels like you're playing with the car trying to find what suits you best. Nothing wrong with that. Are you putting the grill back on? What about trying some new hub caps...spokes?

3. chevpickup

chevpickup
    from Australia

It was nice 2 tone, but I dig it now too - very clean.

4. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Im digging the green... Scallops maybe????

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

Car looks really good in black. Authentically traditional right down to the hubcaps and skirts.

The green looks trendy, a look you're sure to tire of very soon...

Come and join us at the HAMB 1952 - 1956 Ford Car Social Group. Nice bunch of guys with a world of knowledge about these specific models.

:)

6. 73super

73super

I like it at all stages. Looked great in original skin, looks great now. This is one of my favorite body styles. Great job!

7. elrobo818

elrobo818

jordster: next up... maybe a darker green on the top with metal flake... this is just primer. gonna roll it like this for now until i decide on a final color. the grill is going back on and im gonna paint the rims a glossy black.

chevpickup: thanks!

100%matt: scallops was a thought... but i might just throw some pinstriping on it myself. after doing a few other cars i'll finally be able to do some striping on my own :) i dunno why i never wanted to stripe it when it was blue???

missysdad1: i really liked the black primer.... it made the chrome pop out... made it look really tough... but how many black primered cars are out there nowadays?... even people with new cars are painting em flat black... they call it the "batmobile" look??? like i said its just primer... but i wanted something different that stands out... and this car stands out for miles now... lol! i should post something on the social group as well.

73super: thanks! i like it... just wanted to change the ol four door up... figured if im gonna cruise a four door, least i can do is make it look cool right? lol

8. missysdad1

missysdad1

What you said is undeniably true. Black primer is 'way overdone these days, especially when mixed with red wheels and wide whites.

But... I'm 63 (you do the math as to when I was a teenager) and that's the way most of the cars were when I was in Junior High and High School - my formative years, and long before the Batmobile was even though of.

If I had a car which was still under the knife - or is it torch? - I'd proudly run it in black primer, knowing that even though it's common, it's right.

But I'm with you; once a custom is finished, I want it to stand out, too.

I'm not much into subtle...

:D:D:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2010
  9. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I guess I am going the opposite direction,my '54 Customline is being painted baby blue with a white top,I noticed your quote from Gene Vincents '"Race with the Devil", on my trunk lid it will have the name "Baby Blue" from another of Gene's songs.In '63 I had a '53 Customline 2 door with a lot of faded paint and primer but a 286 cube flathead that had been in a sprint car with a Weber F5 track cam with Edelbrock heads and Offy 2 duece intake,Fenton headers, after a trip up to U.S. 30 Dragstrip and seeing the gassers I pulled the front bumper raised the front end and painted it with flat black primer I ran 165X15 Michelins on the front and 915X15 Atlas Bucrons on the back. It already had the 4:11 gears and could really lay some rubber,I added the AHRA F/G stickers to the windows,funny thing within a few weeks a lot of cars started showing up around Champaign-Urbana sans front bumpers and jacked up front ends.In April of '64 I was in the Army ended up in Germany in the paint shop,every thing got painted green from lawn mowers to Tanks so I avoid that color :rolleyes: too much is too much!

10. elrobo818

elrobo818

missysdad1: ahh i getcha. keepin it old school... beautiful car man.

jeffb2: nice! sounds like its gonna be a looker... im thinkin of callin mine margarita... sounds like a helluva car you had man... and now i see why ya dislike green! haha!

11. patrickmartin

patrickmartin

i like it man. be proud you did a nice job. and thanks for the pics just gave me an idea on what to paint mine.

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Not much on the green . Really liked the BLACK with a nice set of caps.
    MY $.02
    sweeeeeet ride.