Register now to get rid of these ads!

No front license, $178.00 please!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rex Schimmer, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

No law in Florida.

2. lowsquire

lowsquire
    from Austin, TX

Welcome to our world guys..
    Here in Oz we are fined and photographed to the point of insanity...every major intersection within 1KLM of my place has a speed and red light camera on it..
    seems like the the US is catching up on the australian 'user pays twice ' model of road networks..

3. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Only been running one plate here in big MO.:D Nothing here yet.

4. Brahm

Brahm

ruins the lines of the car man.. although I did get both black plates with my 52, so they will be going on.

5. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

I dont know where all of Cali's money goes...$261 last year to title and tag the 52 Chevy... In SC, $16 for property taxes per year and $26 for a 2 year tag, wonder why I am glad I can keep my residence in SC?

6. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

Either the law came into being just after, or was only enforced once those damn Red-Light cameras were installed. I'm in LA, hometown to Red-Light Cameras. Almost everybody I know has been snapped once. Luckily I've never been caught in one, I pass two each day.

I've been ticketed by parking enforcement for no front plate, but it was $45. And that was 2 months ago.

7. Brahm

Brahm

Those redlight cameras aren't hard to beat they can't ticket you unless there is a clear photo of the driver. When I was younger and lived in LA/SD when we were worried about getting a red light ticket we would just all duck under the dash!! I would have loved to have seen those photos of "ghost riders".. Granted looking back it wasn't the safest of ideas.. but we never got a ticket, I remember sitting in court for other violations listening to people argue about how it was there "twin sister driving" ect ect.

9. You Arizona guys remember the guy in the monkey mask that got popped a bunch of times (like 60) by the speed trap cameras?

What ever happened to him?

10. Brahm

Brahm

11. Airborne34

Airborne34
    from Texas

Yep, Same in Florida. They have targeted "Smoked" license plate covers and tinted windows.

12. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Same here, I parked my car and came back to a ticket on my windsheild for no front plate. What the heck!

Hey, I love Pilot Hill! Just around the corner from me. :D

13. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

Some say the money goes out to public employee pensions, entitlement programs, illegal aliens, and general overspending....

I can see a few of these wasting money...LOL I understand, I wasnt trying to be political by any means... I hate that BS... Just saying that it is expensive as hell to keep a car registered in Cali vs SC.

14. firingorder1

firingorder1

Of course the state needs money. Most states are financially screwed. So why help pay for their screwups by refusing to run a front plate?

Theres a busy intersection that I go through on the way to and from work. It used to be crash central until they put in cameras. I don't know how many times the light would go green and I'd start to move only to be nearly whacked by a red light runner. Now everyone stops!! Personally I don't have a problem with cameras.

And I run a front plate. CA gets enough of my money without me volunteering more.

15. Deuces

Deuces

Ruins the lines of the car..... That's the best one I've heard yet. :eek: You want to give away money like that?? Hell, I could use some.

16. Brahm

Brahm

Hey when it was a 7$ fix it ticket that 90% of the time you can just talk you way out of no big deal. It's not like you get popped for this sort of thing every day. I've found that "fix tickets" were more gateway tickets a reason for them to pull you over to see if they could nab you for anything good.. if you were kosher they would just send you on your way not worth the hassle to fill out the ticket.

17. sololobo

sololobo

Rex, come on back to Nebraska home boy, one plate only here, front or back. But wait a minute --- that isn't enough reason to shovel snow!! Bummer for sure, but nothing compared to the daily post today telling about spending 5 days in jail years ago for driving a modified car ---severe!! Good job letting the Ca. folks know whats up. ~Sololobo~/Larry Holloway

18. Donnda

Donnda

I used to live in Arizona and they only issue 1 plate for the back of the car. I went to a swap meet over in California parked in a rather large parking lot. When I came back there was a ticket on my car for having no front plate. I went home to AZ and called the phone number on the ticket and was told I had to have a letter from the State of Arizona to prove they only issued 1 plate. AZ refered me to the DMV booklet on plates and CA did not want to accept that. Took me 3 months to straighten out. I have not gone back to since then and NEVER will again. They are KOOKs in that state. Oh BTW the ticket had the back plate number on it and the parking was nose to nose how did they even know the front plate wasn't there ???

Donn

19. metalman

metalman

I was hassled 15 years ago in Pomona for no front plate, cop refused to believe that New Mexico only issues one plate. Threatend to cuff me and take me in for arguing with him, backed off when I told him to do it, when I'm proved right you'll have a law suit. He ended up writing me up for a bad lic. plate light, took him 20 minutes to find something legit to write me up for. Funny thing is, this all started because I flipped him off for blowing a stop sign and almost hitting my 59 Elky. Guess I shouldn't of done that!

20. Ob1

Ob1

Hell, SC has its own game running. Had burnt out tail light, and a ticket for $237.

Given, at court, the officer asked me if I had fixed it {I had} and threw it out...

But geez, dont forget about that court date! All over a .75 bulb.

21. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

You guys are starting to know about it now!

Here in Australia, it is just ridiculous!

In Melbourne, Victoria last year, the government made 30 Million dollars just from parking tickets!

Absolute joke!

HC.

22. I live half of the year in FL, and the other half in Upstate NY. NY requires you to have a big registration sticker, and an inspection sticker on the lower left side of the windshield, a front and rear plate, and outrageous insurance. My 32 has a 2" chopped windshield. Not wanting to put all that crap on my windshield...and have to pay for a yearly inspection, not to mention I don't want a plate stuck to my grille, I registered/titled the car in FL. No inspection, no stickers on my windshield, no front plate, and $191 a year for insurance for my $39 "Historic" plate. First thing I did when we bought the place in FL was to swap my NY license for a FL license...no fuss, no muss, no bother...

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, I think most states are just the opposite, only a back plate is issued and required. Michigan is a one plate only state AND as many miles as I've driven in all the states I've never gotten pulled over or a ticket for only a rear plate.

24. zimm

zimm
    from iowa

a firend of mine didnt want to drill holes in his mustang bumper so we went to the hardwear store and got some suction cups it worked great when you was in town not sure about "at speed"

25. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Denise, though aren't you only required to have the rear plate, being that is the way it is issued in your state. A state like California couldn't expect you to magically produce a front plate. You should be good to go in any state with just the rear. Right? Doug

26. knotheads

knotheads

i also got a ticket for no front plate on my daily driver when i lived in california. the traffic cop told me it was because the tickets issued by the new cameras at intersections,needed a lic plate shot entering and leaving the intersection.otherwise the ticket couldnt be issued.

27. historynw

historynw

In Ny State you are required to have two plates (except 1947):D and they can't be covered with a plastic cover. The police here for years would write you a ticket for one plate especially if you came upon them in a road check. (Trust me I know) today its also an excuse to check out the driver.

28. Wolfie

Wolfie

I lived in SoCal for many years and the ONLY year California had issued one plate was 1946. Of course, I drove a '46 Ford business coupe kustom and had only a front plate on it, it was registered as "year of manufacturer". Today I live in Arizona and never had to run a front plate, actually when I registered my Lincoln MK VIII I was only given one plate.

Wolf

29. Shop your insurance, it's not that expensive for mine.

NY requires stickers and inspections and all, but it's also insanely easy to register an old car even with no paperwork, so it's worth some of the hassle.

30. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

"I fought the law and the law won!" Big surprise. If your state requires a front plate and you don't have one ... it's citation time. If you want to be a rebel you gotta be ready to pay your dues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.