Register now to get rid of these ads!

Nicest Cherry Red color ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mark in Japan, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

That right there, is a great looking 55. I'd love to find/have one like that. :cool: Did you say it was for sale? :D

2. skullhat

skullhat

3 stage reds arent much momre trouble than a 2 stage job , other than the additional step of the transparent red. as it goes over a red base, its pretty easy compared to say gold based candy red jobs.

3 stage pearl white jobs are a slightly diofferent story, but similar.

al the reds shown are nice colors , but since you are looking for more cherry, than say bright red, one of the 3 stage colors is gonna suit ya best.

visit a paint store or body shop, and ask to see the chromatic deck (ppg) and it will have all the reds in order of shade, with the code, and vehicle it came off of on the back. i have these decks in my shop, and they come in very handy when a customer wants to see many versions of a color, and the chips are large enough, and are real paint to get a good idea of how they look

skull

3. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

short lived 2005 corvette Precision red in the first pic and 2006 Monterrey red in the second

Attached Files:

4. Ok, since you asked....:D

Attached Files:

5. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Ok!

I've got it.

Im gonna steal a Babboon, take it to my local paint joint, shove the babboon's arse in their compooter scanner thingy, then get them to add some bright red pearl......and thee shall be named "Spanked Babbon's Arse Red" for all eternity!!!!!! :D

Oh......but I'll have to find a 'Traditional' Spanked Babboon's arse!

Where would I be without the HAMB??!!?? ;)

6. Radiance II Wineberry over a silver base with a hint of blue pearl over the silver. It really looks good under the streetlights.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  7. yoyodyne

yoyodyne

I really like the red on new mustangs. Looks a lot like the Porsche red that was so popular for a while.

Have no idea what this red is - wish I knew

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. Some of you guys must eat some rather bright red cherries...

9. dodgord

dodgord

hey mark, check some of our local mazda 6 and 3"s they come in a red that has a great pearl effect in them.looks like a solid red until the sun hits them

10. Mark I have the HOK cat. if you want to take a look through that, I can bring it to the chopped show if your not in a rush. Or you can buy it for $90 from the paint store in Dande across from bunnings.

11. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

viper red is nice..did a 57 chevy that color..check out my profile for some pics

12. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

13. Falcon

Falcon
    from nevada

14. motorhead711

motorhead711

...nice shade or red. And they still make it. Baker auto out on route 5!

Attached Files:

15. motorhead711

motorhead711

DAMN, that is one sweet truck!!

16. Saw your earlier post, but feel you're wrong....'Velocity Red' as used on mazda 3's.....red pearl on a silver metalic base.

17. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This just in... BMW Imola red (405). Just a tad darker than your run of the mill red. Has a nice commercial / fire truck look about it. Gary

Attached Files:

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

1952 Coral Flame Red..... A Ford Factory color.....Deep in shade and cherry pie in the Sun
    ..... yea, I like red.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AHotRod likes this.
  19. Personal favorite, not sure of the "factory" name, but it came on 1976 Chevy Caprices. This WAS mine, but when I had it, it was just a plain Camaro with "tomato-y" red paint. The 25+ year old scanned photo doesn't do it justice. My friend Kevin worked his magic on every inch of this car and it was just BEAUTIFUL!!!

Dan

[​IMG]

20. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Wohhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thats NICE!

21. Stephen67

Stephen67

I'm in the same boat as you, trying to find the right shade of red. I was going to go with a kandy candy apple red over gold, but I think I might not really use my truck if I gave that a candy job too.

My first truck I did with House of Kolor's blue blood, which was an extremely violent shade of red, almost made your eyes hurt by just looking into the can. I'm however hoping to find a more crimson color for this project... I may just end up using the factory red from Ford in '56.

And if you post a color, be sure to post the paint information if you have it please!

This is probably why I'll end up with doing it in candy, look at that color range! And when polished it reflects the sky quite well and you get purples and blues in it even. I believe this was candy apple Kandy over bright gold:

[​IMG]

This I know was done with House of Kolor, same combo:
    [​IMG]

Third example:
    [​IMG]

Base effects things quite a bit

This is PPG Rosso Fiorano

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to have to look at a lot of pictures till I know for sure which way I want to go, lighting changes so much! lol best of luck to you on this too ^_^

22. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

Red is a color that has made some drastic changes over the years, as new pigments became available. No doubt that some of the more modern reds are beautiful, on the right car, but when it comes to traditional cars I think there is a big difference in a pretty color and a hue that is proper for the car. I occasionally see cars built quite period correct, with the exception of modern red paint and at first glance I can't keep from thinking "street rod".

I think the pickup in Jeff Norwell's post is a perfect example of how a period correct color makes a huge difference in how the total package comes together. Stunning car. If it had been painted a Boyd red, well.....the same car would have just looked all wrong.

23. deucemanab

deucemanab

1985 toyota red deuceman

24. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Rat Rod red is my new favorite. It'll take a year or two to cure though.

[​IMG]

25. elmitcheristo

elmitcheristo

Does anybody have any more info on exactly what shade of red that Model A is? Custom mix or ???

26. Stephen67

Stephen67

Oh, I did some research on the Ferrari colors.

Ferrari's famous red is known as Rosso Corsa:
    [​IMG]

Rosso Barchetta is my favorite of their reds:
    [​IMG]
    Rosso Fiorano is a little bit darker than this.

Rosso Rubino is a nice looking black cherry red
    [​IMG]

Now my personal favorite of the standard colors I've found is known as Anzahl Red, but it seems to be a Philippine color and I can't seem to find it at PPG... if anyone knows where to get it, this is my ideal red and I would LOVE to paint my truck it:
    [​IMG]

However I have noticed that other cars painted the same color, least said to, look different. The '76 Ford truck was said to be wet look Anzahl red, however both these others where said to be Anzahl red as well, and I'm thinking it may change from company or year much like US colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Though not a bad color, not the crimson I'm seeking...

27. gregv

gregv
    from Vancouver

wow, this color is great! Is this Ford Vermillion red? If not does anyone know what it might be?

Got a project that this color would be perfect for.

thanks

greg v.

28. one37tudor

one37tudor

Ford has a color they use on their more highend cars and trucks they call Razor Red. It is a cherry red with pearl in it. Really bright color in the sun.

Scott...

29. Deuces

Deuces

Like this one???

Attached Files: