Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Niagara swap meet June

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, May 20, 2013.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Just got back from vending at Dunkirk swap meet. Many asked if I were planning on vending at Niagara car show / swap meet at the end of June. I am open that weekend and could go.....any thoughts from a vendors viewpoint?
    Dunkirk was better in sales this year than last....what can I expect vending at Niagara (Lockport NY). It is usually better or worse than Dunkirk last weekend.

2. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

I have went to Lockport swap meet a few times and it is big and fair on prices it is the 29 and 30th this year of june

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  3. Lockport (Niagara) is just as crowded as Dunkirk

4. jimstro16

jimstro16

I've been there every year, as a buyer not a seller. It might be a little smaller than Dunkirk was but there is a ton of people to sell to.

5. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been both a buyer & a vendor at Lockport and I'd say it's a good show for both.

6. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'm hearing some good info...thanks fellas....I'll post the space numbers as soon as I find out if I can score indoor spaces

7. Interesting. Some guys are starting a swap and show in Bouckville, NY that same weekend - with the option to set up for up to four days - on the same grounds they do the big antique show there.

Bouckville is in Madison County, south of Onieda, southeast of Syracuse.

I'm in the air whether I want to do it or not, because it's going to be mostly the same people who come to every other show in this area at that one.

8. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Flip a coin rusty. Now thats old school.

9. More like if my one buddy who kind of got shut out of Norwich does this show and buys me a spot, I'll go for at least a couple of days. If not, eh.

10. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Very good show. Last year was my first year and I wont miss it again. I had good luck buying and selling.

11. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I never did anything in NY state until 2010, but looking for new places to go as many shows in Ohio I have been doing for 20 years. Had many people at Dunkirk last week ask if I were also doing Niagara also. Thanks for the input....If I can get spaces inside I'll try it.

12. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Got 2 spaces inside so I guess I will be there June 29-30th

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

See you there Old soul, Come see me and I'll give you another deal on "Return to macon county"

14. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Loaded and ready to go.
    [​IMG]

15. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

WAIT....watch that beer doesn't fall off the tailgate, geez please be more careful !

16. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Looks like I will be driving up Friday night but won't get to the show in time to set up....so see ya all Saturday morning. I'll be on an inside space

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

weather looks iffy, chances of scattered showers Sat. Hoping for the best

18. Forecast for the other show is chance of thunderstorms every single day at least 30%.

After getting soaked at Norwich, I want no part of it.

19. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

C'mon rusty...whats a lil shower or two !!

I don't blame you...that's why I am inside vendor. You lose some traffic inside but with new stuff like mine you take a heck of a chance of losing alot more being outside in a bad storm

20. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Head out tomorrow after work See you there Saturday after I set up.

21. Anywhere from 2-5 inches of rain across Madison, Chenango, Oneida, Herkimer Counties, states of emergency, major flooding, Thruway closed between 29A and either 29 or 30.... that field down there has to be like a mudpit.

Plus route 5 closed in the town of Mohawk because of a train wreck.

22. Hasn't rained that much here. I'm about 15-20 min away from the Niagara Swap meet.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Raining cats and dogs now. There is a driving ban in Lockport because of flooded roads.

24. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Freakin great...REALLY glad I am inside now but the way this is sounding I may be there all alone !!
    Supposed to head up north an hour from now....already committed to go so guess I will make the trip

25. pastlane

pastlane

It's Lockport, by tomorrow it will be 90 with 90% humidity and the tractors will be busy pulling cars out of the parking lot. Good show but the weather Gods really seems to hate it.

26. I wouldn't worry about it, suppose to clear up tomorrow and be nice on Sunday.

27. LZ

LZ

OK whats with the GRS saying its cancelled on there web site??? :confused: Can anyone chime in?!
    http://www.gasserracingseries.com/

I live near the Lake east of Rochester. We have not received that much rain here the last 48 hours. It did light rain some last night and early this morn , but nothing like we are hearing from areas south and east of here.:eek:

Also there is the Butler Drags and swap Saturday. I assume that's cancelled also.

This is shaping up to be one of those Summers:(.

carry on
    Luke

28. daliant

daliant

Was planning on going but I will be drying out my garage and basement, knee high water in the garage and 5 feet in the basement, lost furnace, hot water tank appliances, tools ect...
    The water got up to the bottom of the grill on my plymouth, had to scramble to get some of my tools and equipment to high ground. The water came up another foot after I took this picture.
    100_1328.jpg

29. So the Mohawk Valley isn't alone in really terrible flooding. That stinks.

30. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Went to set up, Show is cancelled.