Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage NHRA New England Hot Rod Reunion, Aug 28-30, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Church Key, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Church Key

Church Key

Getting an early start, so people can make their plans for the New England Hot Rod Reunion. Note the date change...August 28-30, 2015 NEHRR card front.jpg

2. Church Key

Church Key

3. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Marked my calender. I will be there all 3 days.

Church Key likes this.
  4. Church Key

Church Key

Be sure to buy your tickets on line and you save $10.00 on a three day pass. If you bring a hot rod or classic car and a friend the saving are even more! Tickets go on sale May 7, 2015.

5. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Looking forward to my third reunion, always a great time. Check out that chopped Merc on the advertisement Church Key posted. That paint is 25 years old, car built by Dick (the D in DJs Louvers) LeClair of Exeter, NH. 401 Buick, five speed, Corvette independent rear. Was out to lunch with him today and we were talking about when he built it in his garage and how many miles that House of Kolor paint has on it. Every weld in that chop was a butt weld, wish he had video taped the construction.

Church Key likes this.
  6. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

We will be there for sure.

Church Key likes this.
  7. I'll be there again with my 33.

Church Key likes this.
  8. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

looking forward it!

Church Key likes this.
  9. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Just bumping this to keep it current. Just sent in my check. Hoping for great weather and a huge turnout.

Church Key likes this.
  10. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I will be there as a spectator.

Church Key likes this.
  11. wheeldog57

wheeldog57

If you only go to one thing at the dragway, this has to be it! Countless old drag cars pulled from their slumber. So many old time hot rodders to talk to and learn from. By far the best meet all year (old fashioned Sunday a close second). Day passes 25 bucks. Well worth it. I will be there- look for the tall goofy guy with the bright orange vest and big smile

Church Key likes this.
  12. Church Key

Church Key

As others have said this is the best nostalgia drag meet in this part of the country. Please go to the NHRA Museum website and click on reunions. There are special pricing plans to fit everybody's budget and length of stay. Preregister with a pre 72 hot rod or classic car and the savings are incredible. There are special rates to bring the kids along. Just go to the website. NHRAmuseum.org Then click on reunions.

13. 32 hudson

32 hudson

I saw in a another thread yesterday that this event is in jeopardy of going away if there is not a significant increase of participants this year. Particularly in the show car area and swap meet venders. Lets get the word out folks. Lets not lose this event .

Church Key likes this.
  14. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Boy oh boy, not a lot of chatter, or advertising for that matter, and the event is about three weeks away. '32 Hudson's post was right on target, support it or lose it. And the NHRA ticketing isn't working well this year. Send check in early May, my bank statement says they cashed check in June, called last week and they said "mailed out on July 24". So just waiting for today's mail before I call CA again. Guys who sent in well after me have their tickets and one guy at cruise night recently said he called in July, and had tickets in less than two weeks. Will say young lady who answered the phone in CA was polite and had to search to get me an answer.
    Our old flathead rail will be there, Dick K from the Cape campaigns it now. This was at the nostalgia meet at NED on Aug 2. Looks like sum'fun to me!!!!!!!
    wheelie 3.jpg

15. captmullette

captmullette

i went to my5 th hhrr at bowling green this year......my car broke so I didn't get to take it....although I was registered to race I went to turn in my tech card and they told me car not teched THEN NO PIT PASS, NO PIT BIKE PASS....in other words tough shit....I was there with about 15 to 20 of my friends.....by the way bad knees bad ankle 65 years old veteran.....great public relations all they are after is money money money....have fun guys still good racing

16. 32 hudson

32 hudson

Well I also have the feeling that they ( NHRA Museum) are only after the money and I do not understand why there is not more advertisement, local and New England advertisement. The Boston radio stations should be booming with advertisement. Bring back the Sunday Sunday type radio announcements. Talk about nostalgia !! Does not make sense to me if they want money then advertise to get the participation from vendors, racer and spectators. Spectator fees are bare able but the fees charged for everything else is horrendous. Now we hear comments eluding to the fact that it is the enthusiasts fault due to lack of participation. That is plain old BS.

I plan on attending all 3 days weather permitting with a daily bought gate pass. Well if this is the last New England Hot Reunion I am not going to miss it.

By the way I did not make last Sundays nostalgia event and I did go to the previous event but was not impressed with the way the NED mixed in the later then 1972 cars, in to the racing.

Sorry for the rant guys.

17. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

No need to apologize, 32 Hudson, we all want this event to continue and are frustrated at the lack of effort by both NED and the NHRA. Hell Hot Rod City got a weeks worth of publicity for their one day open house in May on WMUR Chronicle! I mean good for them but how much bigger is this event? And Channel 5 in Boston has a similar show. How about the motorsports column in the Union Leader? Whips Wheels? I know the clubs have been handing out info at shows and cruise nights but most of those folks know about it anyway. By the way, still pacing up and down by my mailbox, no tickets yesterday making it 88 days since I sent the check to NHRA.

18. captmullette

captmullette

by the way, the nhra museum, is different than the NHRA.....AT BOWLING GREEN they also did not use local law enforcement as security, not good to piss off local cops when there are 2000 hotrods in town, and next year if your tow vehicle is a motor home.......$65.00 extra, bag of ice $8.00....and if your car cant pass tech you have to remove it from the pits.....oh yea .....$1500.00 fine and impoundment of pit vehicle without the damn sticker.....last year they charged $50.00 for a sticker

brandon likes this.
  19. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Just got off the phone to CA. Seems the NHRA Museum sent my tickets to the address we moved from back in 2013. I asked why they had that address on file since it was not the address on the check they cashed in June of this year nor the address on the form I filled out from their website that was included with the check and was not the address they sent tickets to in 2014. The lady, while polite, said she doesn't "fufill" orders so had no idea why the museum would use an old address rather than my current one. Hopefully new tickets will be in the mail today and be here by the 14th or so. Glad I kept agitating the issue as the person I talked to last didn't bring up the address issue.

20. I hear plenty of radio commercials for the Jet Car show tonight. Too bad they can't put that much effort into the HRR.

21. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

damn good point, TFoch!

22. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Well let's see. I posted on Aug 6 that NHRA database was screwed up and they sent my tickets to where I lived in 2013. This despite they sent tickets in 2014 to my present address and my mailing in 2015 had correct address on check (which they cashed in JUNE) and on the envelope. So the young lady says she would cancel originals and issue new ones in the mail that evening. Just got today's mail (August 15) and no F#$@*&^ tickets. Even allowing for USPS slow speed, that is nine days. Can't call today, will have to call on Monday after the mail comes. I just can't spend another $75 (be a total of $150!) to go to this event. Everyone I know has their tickets since the event is less than two weeks away. I am not nicknamed the olcurmdgeon for nothing, I will not go peacefully into the night saying "oh well".

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jack Merkel is going to be coming to the reunion to attend the unveiling of his 39 Willys.

24. HRBOB34

HRBOB34

Hope to be there!
    Weather permitting!
    Missed last year but,was told great show, just damn cold!
    Hope its not to hot this year?

25. 1934coupe

1934coupe

It's on the way! along with his 33 Lime Gold Willys AA/G coupe. Ron Norman expects to be there Thursday. Jack, his sons and Wayne Jr. Hopkins will be there on Thursday also getting things set up. I'm driving up on Saturday with friends.

Pat

Attached Files:

hendelec and ME.GASSER like this.
  26. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Heard from Ron San Giovanni that he will have nine land speed cars, his included, in a special display at the request of NHRA. One of the cars has gone 300 mph.
    Also the saga of my tickets appears for the moment to be solved. Yesterday I called the NHRA Museum. First thing they told me is the last person I called, Aug 6, was NHRA Ticketing and that I shouldn't have called them. Hey seemed like a good choice, eh? Anyway this lady started at ground zero with me and supposedly the tickets are at Will Call at the track in the 28th. Only solace I have is a email from this woman stating that fact so when I show up at the pit gate it is not just my word. And supposedly this lady will be at the event. Fingers crossed!

27. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

Like Gomer used to say, "Surprise, surprise, surprise". On the 5pm news WMUR Channel 9 out of Manchester, NH there was a 30 second spot for the Reunion. Think maybe someone has read this thread?

Church Key likes this.
  28. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

bumping this thread for those deciding whether or not to go. It is a good time, lots of cars, good racing. You can get a one day show and shine pass for $25. Has anyone considered a HAMB meet and greet on Saturday?

29. 32 hudson

32 hudson

30. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1440223511.559094.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1440223549.495018.jpg

2 of us coming from Ohio....

Church Key likes this.