Register now to get rid of these ads!

NH members, step inside (age 60+ preferred)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Captain Morgan, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

weird question, but this is the only shred of information linking my Cadillac to its past and probably the last time it was registered.

I did a scan and a quick photoshop of the inspection decal I found when disassembling my car. I was told by the guy I purchased the car from, than it had last been registered in the 1960's in New Hampshire. This little bit does confirm that, but Id love to know specifically what year (I know, its a long shot).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm assuming the "9" is from 19xx and that bottom line actually read; 19 HN XX

with the style font, I have to also assume thats a "6" to the right of the H, since a 5 would show a gap, 7 you would only see the tip at the top, I suppose it could be an 8, but this decal looks a little older than the 1980's

Does anyone recall or know if the color represented a specific year? I know it does in New Jersey.

On the back of this piece, it also has some writing

rtment Of Safety (Department of Safety)
    of Motor Vehicles
    V. Gould - Director
    ation No_________
    ion Station No_________
    ______________ No 17

I found out that the V. Gould was actually Ralph V. Gould, who was appointed Director of Safety in 1949 and in 1961 was appointed as the Registrar of Motor Vehicles, serving until 1967.

So if he was "Director" as it says on the back of this decal and that digit next to the H is in fact a 6, that would narrow it down to 1960 or 1961 correct?

Just looking for some insight or confirmation on this detective work.

Im still struggling to get a title for this thing after a year, but as soon as I get back in town I think im just gonna have a form member help me out since doing it the right way through the states red tape is impossible.

2. F&J

F&J

Somewhere on the net is a site that has repro state inspection stickers of most every state. Try google for "reproduction state inspection decals/or stickers" ??

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

yeah I found that site previously, unfortunately they have nothing for 1960's New Hampshire :(