Register now to get rid of these ads!

NewColor_on the 41' if you give a damn!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HIGG, Oct 13, 2003.

1. If you give a damn - Finally painted the 41'Coupe. With a new baby on the way in 2 weeks and lots of body mods. figured I better paint it. Used info on some previous posts on what paint to use by Germ and others etc.. decided on the way to the paint shop on a color after weeks of debate. - PPG single stage paint with plenty of flattner, Color is a Cherolet Metallic Blue from the ealy 60's.. All the work done in my car port in the Bu keep in eye out for us next time you head up PCH.. _ HIGG'
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Its a little darker then the image posts..
    More @ http://www.ekustom.net

2. Anderson

Anderson

[​IMG] Man, i LOVED the charcoal drawn flames on your car over white. I really liked those hubcaps on it too. But I gotta say, this looks pretty bitchen as well. Are you gonna put the caps back on?

3. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

That is the coolest 41 chevy ive ever laid my eyes on.

4. The hardest thing to do was get rid of those flames! Im runnin the caps on it now - Ill eventually get to flames again after a few beers and some reckless abandonment I just dont want to Fuk it up after all that work I did.!#@!#$@!#$@!

5. [ QUOTE ]
    That is the coolest 41 chevy Ive ever laid my eyes on.

[/ QUOTE ]Its a Ford with a Chevy Grille _ We dont discriminate ..............

6. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Yeah Chevy in Ford, who woulda thunk?
    It really works, looks really good.

7. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

lol, maybe thats why its the coolest. It just gives it "the look"

8. BELLM

BELLM

Good choice. Thats a really smooth car. New baby will like it when you have to take it riding @ 2AM because nothing else will cure colic!!! [​IMG]

9. [ QUOTE ]
    Good choice. Thats a really smooth car. New baby will like it when you have to take it riding @ 2AM because nothing else will cure colic!!! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]As long as he is healthy and has hands to steer and feet to pedal everything will be alright............!

10. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great color and good looking body mods! Still needs some carbonizing black on there though.(fire Fire Fire) [​IMG]

11. daign

daign
    from socal

Higg glad to see you finally got a hood for that thing. The lack of hood pins really made a difference. Looks awesome.

-Dane

12. Machinos

Machinos

Looks great...I love subtle colors on rods

13. LOOKS LIKE ASS!!!!
    Hahahah!!!
    I seen it up close, it is waaay badass!! good job HIGG! I told once you posted it everyone would like that paintjob.
    Hey most likey going to the Primer Nationals with FatSporty and Django.

14. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWSOMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEE .. Im building a 41 ford sled. Choped of course.. Check out mine at. www.pugner.tk how mutch is yours choped? 4inchs???

Yours has been an inspiration on the paint...Im deciding on a Bright flat gold.....but more like the orage goldish broze...

Attached Files:

15. That looks great! Good stance & I bet it looks even cooler w/ the caps.

Good luck w/ the baby. It's an adventure man...a good one though.

16. very nice Higg, are you coming out to Bo's anytime again??

17. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I want to see it with the caps again. (Cause I don't really think that red on the wheels matches the blue, personally)

Nice color. I think it is drawing more attention to the fact that it has a chevy grille, with the flames gone. Are you going to do the same style flames again? Maybe you can do them more subtle this time? Either way it rocked before, and it rocks now.

18. Lookin' good, I hope ya stay with the skinny whites.

If ya gotta run whitewalls, skinny is the way I like em.
    '60s street brawler, bitchen. [​IMG]

if it don't make ya dirty it aint yours [​IMG]

19. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah, what are those tires? They're wider than skinny, but skinnier than ww's. Are they cut radials?

20. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Hey HIGG, lookin' good! So did you decide to keep it? I saw ya' workin' a few weeks ago and crused by after runnin' some errands, but no one home. Come by the shop sometime. Hope all is well with you and yours. and let us (Gabii & I) know when your bundle of joy arraives so we can drop off some goodies [​IMG]
    Later,
    Mike

21. [ QUOTE ]
    LOOKS LIKE ASS!!!!
    Hahahah!!!
    I seen it up close, it is waaay badass!! good job HIGG! I told once you posted it everyone would like that paintjob.
    Hey most likey going to the Primer Nationals with FatSporty and Django.

[/ QUOTE ]Abe Ill see you out there, even though ill be on call for the new one- just hope I dont have to drink and run... Hooligan it might be awhile but as soon as preapproved for time again im out there.. - Link Ill try and cruise by this week -you goin to the prim nats??
    ... HIGG

22. [ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, what are those tires? They're wider than skinny, but skinnier than ww's. Are they cut radials?

[/ QUOTE ] The tires are very affordable hillbilly whites applied w/a paint can.......................

23. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Yea, I'll be goin' up to the primer nats.

24. HIGG that is a damn nice ride you have there, love the grill in that Ford body it looks right. Car as a perfect stance from what I can see I'm looking forward to seeing that in person one of these days...

25. [ QUOTE ]
    Yea, I'll be goin' up to the primer nats.

[/ QUOTE ] some of us are meeting up here around 6am then headin up Ill see you up there or here at the crib....... HIGG