Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie western maryland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Robz27, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Robz27

Robz27

Hello,
    I wanted to share one of my projects I have been working on.
    My 30' model A pick up. I purchased a very rusty cab and what I believe was a cataloged ordered model T frame. I have since replaced cab corners, made rocker/floor section, replaced door bottoms, channeled 4 inches and chopped top 2 inches. I also graphed a roof skin from a ford expedition. The bed is homemade with later model ford tailgate skin. The frame has been "Z" 4 inches and I moved engines mounts up 3 inches so the trans and pans don't hang below the frame, I also had to stretch the rear to match the wheel base I wanted.
    I purchased the engine from a wrecked old Chevy truck (350cid), zommies/headers are weld together yourself kit from summit. Transmission is turbo 400 cheap from a motor home. ford 9" rear with coil overs.
    Still need to adjust rear, mount pedals, and plumb everything, driveshaft, etc. hotrod1.png hotrod2.JPG ... I am trying to make the Jalopy Showdowns in PA this spring!

2. Alex D.

Alex D.
    from Hydes, MD.

Welcome from Hydes Maryland. You may want to check out the Maryland HAMBERS social group. They are a great bunch to get to know.

3. ...................I second that.:D