Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie saying Hi from Downunder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RHB785, Sep 27, 2012.

1. RHB785

RHB785

Hi to everyone. I just found this forum and am interested in old cars. I may be in the wrong place and if I am would one of the mods please pm me and let me know. I'm looking to buy a GM-H Sloper and was browsing the web for info on these now rare cars and came across the HAMB. Perhaps a bit of info for those here who might still be interested in these cars; of the 7100 odd Slopers built by GM-H between 1935 and 1941 it may be that there are 150 left world wide across the 5 GM brands produced in Australia pre-WW2. They are indeed now highly treasured and sought after here and there are some beautiful rods and customs out there but I'm looking to keep mine (if I buy it) fairly standard with only safety modifications. It certainly won't be getting chopped.

I live in Newcastle NSW and am a hospital security officer; interesting work to say the least especially as the hospital I work at is the major toxicology and mental health hospital for the Hunter-New England area of NSW. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn or out of place here.

Cheers,
    Ross.

2. RHB785

RHB785

Well, I bought that 1939 Pontiac Sloper and it arrived at my place yesterday from Townsville, North Queensland. Unfortunately somewhere on the journey it gained a small ding in the roof just above the left hand door. I was able to show the driver my pre-purchase photos and he reported it and took photos of the damage. The car was insured for the journey so I won't have to pay for the repair. Just a bit disappointing that's all. She'll be going into storage for a few months while I clean up the garages and yard to make space for her.

Regards,
    Ross.

3. Scumdog

Scumdog

Welcome, so you have the ancestor of the Monaro eh?

4. bridger

bridger

Welcome from the goldcoast . we need picks of the sloper

5. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Welcome. Yes can you post some pics ?

6. waynos

waynos

welcome mate you have definately come to the right place i reckon.love the slopers!

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Greetings Ross from the west coast of Florida.

Glad you found the place and hope it's everything you were looking for.

Best Regards Jimbo

8. G'day Ross, Welcome from below sea level. Let,s see that Sloper.