Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie from the Great White North...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RacerRick, May 16, 2005.

1. RacerRick

RacerRick

I am a newbie to rods, and sitting here in toronto, Ontario, Canada, typing away at this.

I have been doing the racing thing since I was 16, but on a whim bought a 66' Pontaic 'vert a few years ago to just drive and enjoy, and really got into it. I am really starting to get into the old school rods. They were built to be fast, be individual, and where built by their owners.

They are not some old farts pastel cookie cutter 32' 3 window with a glass body, crate motor, billet, and Boyds that will never go above 55mph.

As soon as I sell an old Camaro I have I am looking for something to be a long term project so I can improve my fabrication skills. I want long, low, topless, and mean. I want something that I built that is as individual as me. That would be sweet, eh?

2. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Hello,and welcome.you will learn alot here.

3. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome this is the place to learn

4. coupedevil

coupedevil

Welcome to the Hamb. Next weekend the 28th and 29th there is a cool show and swapmeet in Waterdown Ontario. Not to far of a drive for you! Look around you never know what you'll find or who will trade, take the camaro there and see if someone will take it off your hands. :)

5. monaroau

monaroau

Gday,

This really is a great place to learn a lot about hot rods. As you can see i am also new to the board and i have already learnt a lot. make sure you do a search for the info before you post as your questions may already have been answered before.
    good luck

6. JasonK

JasonK

Welcome, you will find everyone is very helpful here.

7. TIKIFREAK13

TIKIFREAK13
    from Duluth MN

greetings & some of us here like "old camaros" if its 67-73 that is

8. RacerRick

RacerRick

Mine is a 80 Z with T-tops, 4 speed, and a turbocharger that is setup for road racing. Big four wheel disks, roll bar, road race style fuel cell, etc.

Very fast...lots of fun. Just too mullety.

9. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

10. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Rick ...if you're looking to see what trad rods look like, stop by the Roadmates club house in Mississauga. Couple nice ones there.