Register now to get rid of these ads!

Newbie From Mid Michigan

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by MichiganJames, Dec 20, 2009.

1. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

I have been browsing and reading the build threads on and off for a few months now and alot the last few days. I am a bit young compared to some of you from the wiser generation. But I got a great love for vehicles. I have a crazy itch for cutting up and modifying everything I see. My first victim was a 2001 s10 that had 25,000 miles on it. It did all the normal stuff that us youngster do and shave everything and lay frame on big wheels. But everybody has to learn somewhere, my dad does not have the love for cars that I do. I built it to enjoy and drive. One of my all time favorite vehicles would be a ford or chevy pickup. Last year I was wondering thru the junk yard when I stumbled apron a heavily molested 53 ford f1. The truck was dropped off as part of an estate clearing. I dont know to much about the truck other than the fact it had some shady 80's styling done to it including full shaved, chop top, tilt front, and gallons of bondo. Over the last few days I have found a very solid cab from a 56 f6 and plan to use that to help make this truck whole again. I Am not going to make this truck original by any means. And from reading alot of these threads I may get a few boo's from the crowd. I will keep the tilt front and build me a nice frame underneath of it. It will have a heavy rod stance and some very clean styling when its done.
    I wish after reading some of these threads that I could shack your hands Some of the stuff you guys do with metal is plain insane and makes me down right jealous of your skills. I hope to use this site to gain some metal working knowledge and general know-how of the automotive industry.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Doner cab
    [​IMG]

Also the original cab is not going to get scrapped. I found a sick rod that used a f100 cab and had fully open front and rear traditional looking frame. Similar to whats pictured below
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr38/2802651756/

2. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

Hello from another mid michigan car guy

3. Theo:HotRodGod

Theo:HotRodGod

whats the haps brother???

4. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

So did you buy you packard local? I passed up a 51 that was complete and original early this last summer. Very nice starter imo. Looked identical to yours.

5. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

Also is there any good yard in michigan? I have never heard of any but hell were michigan were home of detroit steel so we should

6. jason65

jason65

Welcome from Ok.

7. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Welcome to the HAMB.

8. Straight8's&Aces

Straight8's&Aces

I picked it up from a guy named tubs this oct. he and some friends started a custom shop in flint called dueces wild so he needed some money. try Hoopers in linwood or hillards in vestaburg and try some searches on the hamb I believe we talked about michigan junk yards on here before.

9. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

Well I just got good new! I am getting a new cab and a ton of other good stuff from my buddies f600 for 200 bones delivered next week. Best christmas ever, gunna tear into it spring of 2010

10. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Watch out for them Flint guys...'specially Tub.....welcom from F-Town.

11. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

so does anybnody know if that place hillards in vestaberg is still open?

12. pecker head

pecker head

Hell yeah ! I dig every thing but the ass ! Great score , somebody spent alot of time on that .

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Michigan Rick does a lot with the F100 trucks. He's in Midland area and good to deal with, especially if you are buying Chevy parts from him!!!

Welcome from the bottom of the mitten.

14. MichiganJames

MichiganJames

michigan rick is on this forum? He is actually from the same town as me and owns a bike shop about 3 blocks from me

15. Welcome from Kellys Hot Rod Parts Birnamwood Wi!!

16. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from South Georgia :D

17. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

Welcome to the HAMB from WI. Love that body style ford trucks, 56 is my favorite.

18. Welcome James, it's Justin from Chesaning with the bagged Caddy