Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Zealand Easter Drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31 Coupe, Mar 26, 2012.

1. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Hi to all Kiwi Hambers,
    There are two days of drag racing at Meremere over the Easter weekend and I am tempted to visit but I would like some advice about what accommodation is available in that area please. I'm also looking for a nice pair of Ford '37-'41 split front wishbones too if someone has some available and could get them to Meremere.
    Thanks in advance, GB.

2. 97

Not much accomodation close by, closest is in Mercer..about 12 ks away . http://www.mercermotel.co.nz/accommodation.htm..... but we all camp at the track Friday and Saturday night( Some even have to stay Sunday night to get over the "celebrations" it's all good no dramas to do that and camping is free. There's entertainment Saturday night including some hot on track Nitro action.
    [​IMG]

The drags are the NZ Hot Rod Assn club champs ...team racing hot rods for the Saturday and the big one is the Nostalgia Drags on the Sunday.
    [​IMG]
    Lots of Aussies come over for the weekend, some even bring race cars.
    If you are interested get hold of Deano from the organising club...Bay Rodders and I am sure he will help where he can.

PM Me , we can probably find someone to pick you up at the airport and get you there and back ( it only about 50 ks , 30 mins) and somewhere to sleep Saturday night. Not worth hiring a car if you will only be there for the two days....if you are staying longer hire a van or station wagon and sleep in it... you won't be sleeping for long anyway :D.

3. 31 Coupe

31 Coupe

Hi all,
    Just got back home after an awesome weekend in NZ, met lots of great people and I was thoroughly impressed. Also scored some parts too and got them home to Aussie no problem. Thanks to all that helped me out whilst there, it's gratefully appreciated.
    Very best regards, Graham.
    <!-- / message -->