Register now to get rid of these ads!

New toy fresh out the barn

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jleblanc31, May 9, 2011.

1. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Found this on craigs list and for the price I couldn't pass it up. guy said it runs but couldn't keep it running and gave up on it. any one know where I can get some tail lights,and front floor pans for it? should I keep it stock or do a V8 swap

Attached Files:

• 349.jpg
      349.jpg
      File size:
      489.7 KB
      Views:
    • 351.jpg
      351.jpg
      File size:
      475 KB
      Views:
    • 354.jpg
      354.jpg
      File size:
      340.4 KB
      Views:
  2. rickairmedic

rickairmedic

Fuel injected and Blown Big Block only way to go with one of those :D. Oh yeah and a 12" wide rear axle :D. There is one that shows up at the Nats in Louisville evry year that is more motor than car WILD little toy .

Rick

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

cool as hell,I'd get it running good,clean it up some ,and drive it this summer.tear it apart this winter when you've decided what you want to do with it.aV8 would be sweet, just my $.02

4. volksjunky

volksjunky

I dont know what it is, but its cool !!

5. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

6. Destralo Roach

Destralo Roach

Hillman Husky.....

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

8. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

57 English ford squire some call it Thems

9. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

i was close,haha:rolleyes:

10. moefuzz

moefuzz

Nice, I especially like the orientation of the name badge on the hood

11. fleet-master

fleet-master

injected small block ...those Thames vans are real COOOOL :D:D ..more often known here as 100E Prefect van. Stock you'll be lucky to pull dunny paper off the roll with it :p

12. blacktopicasso

blacktopicasso

If your just going to use it as an in-town cruiser, I'd just get it running and clean it up. It reeks "Cute". If it is being built for a carshow attendee with highway usage I'd go V6 with overdrive. Remember the engine compartment is small....Just my thoughts.

P.S. Is it for sale "As is"

13. metalshapes

metalshapes

14. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

15. Don't know about sheet metal or lights but yes by all means do a V-8 swap. After the rule change the wheel base would have been to short to run gas class but I have seen a couple that competed well in altered class.

neat little run about.

16. Dave7

Dave7
    from Canada

Fantastic find! I'd perhaps source some windshield glass before doing anything else. I know I had an obscure British car that was a real pain to get glass for. Can't tell if its flat or not. eBay UK or Australia might be the best bet for tail lights.

These have a little flat four as stock don't they? If you go V8 then its going to need a decent amount of massaging. A modern Zetec four cylinder might be cool - the stock rear axle might even survive it.

17. Truckedup

Truckedup

Doing some Internet searching....probably has a 1100 cc engine....0-60 in about 29 seconds,30 mpg.
    An MGB 1800 engine is 100 hp and there's got to be plenty of them with 4 speed gearbox drivelines in rusted out MG's.

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yeah, a tiny little flathead 4banger ( what the Brits call a sidevalve ), 1172cc

Dont throw that engine away.

There are people racing them, and they will be looking for spares...

19. earlymopar

earlymopar

That's an Anglia

20. Never2low

Never2low

Would this be the one?
    Almost pooped my pants the first time I saw it:eek:

Attached Files:

21. That last one is a Morris Minor!!
    Charlie!

22. DRAGULA54

DRAGULA54

Nice score man and I say v-8 swap of course

23. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Olds quad 4 with side draft Harley carbs, a little more cam and compression, T-5 gear box, and set it up to handle. Leave the paint and interior like it is, then go "auto crossing".
    I do love a sleeper.
    I'm weird as hell, your milage may vary.

24. crossthread

crossthread

Have a 1959 100E in the shed .I got it in early 70's for daily driver. 29 miles each way,to work, very soon I decided that , even if the 1959 english Ford was european car of the year . It was a death trap on I-75 , speed limit was 55 due to fuel going over $1.30 a gallon. I could go 55 all day long ,if I was going down hill all day. Wonder what they are bring these day? Jimb

25. John Eberly

John Eberly

I know it's new tech, but what about a supercharged 3800 out of a Riviera/GP? You can even do a manual tranny with the bellhousing out of a late 80's S10.

26. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

In England where those cars are popular, they rarely get built with a V8. Makes the car too heavy and only fast in a straight line. Practically on the road a 16V Ford Focus engine with a Mazda transmission would fit easier (all the parts needed for the conversion are available in England) and be much faster.
    Subscribe to Retro Ford to get all the information about upgrading your car. See http://www.retrofordmagazine.co.uk/
    They even do an App for your iphone so you can get the mag without sending it over the ocean. It's a well written magazine full of information.

Ed

27. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

Might wind up being a LTI swap tried starting it to day with no luck turns over,feals like good compression but will get the gadge out tomorrow. spark feels week though trust me It bit me a few times and a lawn mower got more bite. going to recheck timing and a new coil if it will not fireup well V8 time.

28. The front kinda looks like a 56(?) Anglia I used to own

[​IMG]

29. Paul Y

Paul Y