Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fivewindow Johnnie, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Hi Fellas,

My name is Johnnie Walker and I'm a Plumber from Gunnison Colorado. Traditional styled Hot Rods are my affliction. Have been a long time reader here, something happened that made me decide to join up.

I was at Backstreet Kustoms in Colorado Springs Thanksgiving weekend pulling a Nailhead & LaSalle Tranny from a '50 Bel-Air with Dave Pareso. A guy pulled up outta, nowhere, ask, "whats up?", then rolled up his sleeves and jumped in to help. I'm ashamed to say I think his name is Ray, not sure. When he left, Dave inquired if I knew him, no was the answer, to which Dave replies, "He's one of those Jalopy Journal guys, he posts on there all the time". Saw him again that evening at a joint where a Rockabilly band was playing, told the waitress to put all his beer on my tab, was the least I could do. If "Ray ?" is representative of your group then it's a group worth knowing.

Laura nad I have a full-fendered Five-Window Deuce that is finished. Current projects include a '40 Standard Coupe, chassis is done, body work almost complete. A '28 A-V8 Roadster and a '28 Tudor that are in corners waiting their turn. When I figure out this photo stuff pics will soon follow.

Look forward to knowing you guys. I apologize to "Ray" in advance if I messed up his name, names are my achiles heel.

Johnnie.

2. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

welcome. nice intro. pics are welcome and encouraged.

later.

3. Antibilly

Antibilly

hey hey hey....welcome aboard sir

4. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Very nice intro, Welcome. Stopped at Back Street Kustom's in 2003 on our way to B'ville. Dave and his fiance put a little show on for us at the shop, got to meet Ray and a whole bunch of other folks and then went down the street to one of the neatest Pizza joints I've ever seen. Even got some pic's of MrBones doing his thing with Dave. Colorado Springs HAMBers are a great bunch. You will enjoy it here.

Need to see some Pic's though.

B [​IMG] B

5. Roothawg

Roothawg

Yeah, he's alright for a greaser.

Welcome. Sounds like you got a barn full.

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Good intro, welcome to the hamb.

7. colorado51

colorado51

Welcome!

There are a handfull of us here from Colorado, probably not a lot from Gunnison though!

Im sure you will see Ray post on here.

Post pics when you can.

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Welcome to my pal Johnny Walker
    And his brothers Black and Red
    And we drank alone, yeah

Probably haven't heard that before....
    [​IMG]

9. Muttley

Muttley

Welcome. Post some pics. [​IMG]

10. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

Welcome Johnnie, you sound like you'll do fine around here.

And if you need help posting pics, you can email them to me and I'll shrink'em for ya if you need.

Have fun,

Big Daddy Eric

11. 38pickup

38pickup

Good intro, Welcome to da HAMB.

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome, that was a real nice intro. I've meet a few HAMBers in real life and here on the web, I've never meet a more helpful group. Just the other nite I posted a question way past midnite here and got an answer within 15 minutes.

13. [ QUOTE ]
    Welcome!

There are a handfull of us here from Colorado, probably not a lot from Gunnison though!

Im sure you will see Ray post on here.

Post pics when you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome guys, I appreciate it. Certainly the only Greaser in Gunnison, that's why the Lonely Knights out of the Springs signed me up, out of pity. Laura will line me out on the photo posting when she gets home, the computer genius of the household by far.

Thanks again, Johnnie.

14. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

welcome mr. 5 window
    and what a great intro, wish everyone else could do as good!

15. Ray is good shit. Welcome to the HAMB

16. Hey Johnnie, how's it going? It's Mike here in the Springs. Good to see you on the board, it's the best one there is! Get those pics up so the guys can see your car.
    Hope you and Laura have a very merry xmas! Take care.

sled

17. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

[ QUOTE ]

My name is Johnnie Walker Laura nad I have a full-fendered Five-Window Deuce that is finished. Johnnie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, YOU GUYS should see this Deuce!! IT IS PERIOD PERFECT with nothing newer on it than 1959...am I correct on this Johnnie?

Hi Johnnie...glad you finally found this board...still want to do a photo shoot on that car for several magazines I know would love to have it...let me know when you're going to be closer to Denver...driving all the way to Gunnison takes up too much of my time!!!

Welcome,

R-

18. Absolutely, Welcome!

That was the best intro in a while. Congrats.

Joel [​IMG]

19. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

welcome 5 window:)
    You sound like you have yourself a few slew of nice rides, can't wait to peep them on here.
    best wishes and enjoy your stay, fun stuff and lots of good ol car knowledge!
    CAB

20. dixiedog

dixiedog

Great intro and look forward to seeing pics of your car.

Lurkers, take notice on how to write an intro.

Welcome from the DOGG

21. Welcome to the HAMB. So has this mystery "Ray" fellow turned up yet?

Hurry up with the pics already. [​IMG]

22. JohnnyB327

JohnnyB327

uuhhhh god damnit every week it looks like i am getting closer and closer to being right bout us coloradans takin over this place...
    I think I've seen your car before and welcome! [​IMG]

23. [ QUOTE ]
    Welcome to the HAMB. So has this mystery "Ray" fellow turned up yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

try 4 posts above yours....

Welcome JW.

24. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

[ QUOTE ]
    try 4 posts above yours....

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry Peddro...not me...Ray hasn't been on this thread...yet.

R-

25. We're trying a pic

Attached Files:

26. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Howdyyyyyyyyyy and welcome to the H.A.M.B.

27. The 40 Standard

Attached Files:

28. Oh man, YOU GUYS should see this Deuce!! IT IS PERIOD PERFECT with nothing newer on it than 1959...am I correct on this Johnnie?

Hi Johnnie...glad you finally found this board...still want to do a photo shoot on that car for several magazines I know would love to have it...let me know when you're going to be closer to Denver...driving all the way to Gunnison takes up too much of my time!!!

Welcome,

R-

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger, I assume that's you, for the most part you are right. All the trimmings are vintage with the exception af the air cleaners which I built from scratch to match the Parker valve covers and the SW Blacktail gauges probably trip the clock around 1964 or so. Also, the front "kidney beans" are Wheel Vintiques, didn't want to risk hanging that big ol' Hemi on a set of 15 x 4 1/2 mags.

Out back it's a '59 Nine inch Ford rear with Ford truck drums and original 16 x 6 Halibrands. '50 Pontiac taillights, Hollywood tag light and a '30's accessory adjustable license frame. Up front, 682-C Guide lights on an original V-8 headlight bar. Inside, SW Ensign gauge panel in an original dash, '46 Ford Steering Wheel mated to a '58 Ford truck column holding up an old Sun tach and '48 Ford door handles & window cranks. Original tack strip in top holding the roof insert.

Engine is a '54 Chrysler Hemi with '55 heads and an Edmunds dual quad intake with Carter WCFB's and original Hemi truck exhaust manifolds. Again, Parker valve covers and handmade air cleaners top it off.

Underneath is a little different story, the tranny is a new Richmond and there are disc brakes up front. Vega box does the cross steering and front & rear Panhard bars. Other than that it's all steel, chopped Three inches and a kick to drive.

Johnnie.

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

[ QUOTE ]
    Roger, I assume that's you, for the most part you are right. Johnnie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, it's me...

I've got a nice 3/4 shot of the car shot at Paint n' Primer if you can't get Laura to post one that's any bigger then the one you put up earlier...say the word and I'll post it for you.

R-

30. Welcome to the HAMB,,,,,,, [​IMG]HRP