Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the H.A.M.B

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DanVI, Feb 15, 2020.

1. DanVI

DanVI

DanVI here from beautiful Vancouver Island first time posting, ever.....

It was back in 2000 when I was introduced to my first straight axle ("Gasser"), it was a 1955 Chevy two door wagon, I was hooked.

I sought out a 1956 Chevy and over the next ten years created my gasser vision. In this build I used a combination of both old school and newly purchased parts. It was a full roller big block with aluminum heads and it was a blast! Life happened along will three kids and I sold the car in 2016/17.

Recently I stumbled across a 1963 Chevy ii, 2 door sedan. Thanks to my dad that car is sitting in my garage today. Bought completley disassembled from a couple awesome guys in Saanich. I look forward to building this car into a "Gasser" only this time in a more traditional manner. I look forward to researching and hunting for those parts that will make it the vision I have.

I also hope to document my build in a thread. This is one thing I regreated after selling my 56, not enough pictures and documentation on my build. Attached are pictures of the 56 and the 63.

Dan

Screenshot_20200211-144817_Gallery.jpg 20200202_112451.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. It’s about time, eh?

3. DanVI

DanVI

Yes it is! Now off to the garage for more scraping, this time while standing.....

lothiandon1940 likes this.

4. Welcome, Dan. Keep us posted on your project. Thanks for the pictures and for joining the Alliance. Enjoy your HAMBtime..................Don.