Register now to get rid of these ads!

new TEXAS member.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NBgregTX, Sep 3, 2011.

1. NBgregTX

NBgregTX

I live in New Braunfels Tx.thats between San Antonio and Austin.I would like to corispond with other Texas and try to learn more about any events or swapmeets esp. in my area.LOOKING TO BUY a chevy.60-66 chevy truck or 60's era or older chevy car.I would like to keep it in the $3,000 range but could possible scrap up a little more for the right vehicle,with that being said it must be located in Texas and the closer to me the better.I have two kids and work six days a week thats why i have these guidlines,it's a busy life.hope to here from some of you soon!
    thanks,
    Greg.

2. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. I'm from Waco, TX. I highly recommend the Lonestar Round Up in Austin, it's in April. Great show with a good swap meet. As far as finding an old chevy, I'd recommend driving down the highway and keeping your eyes open!

3. robleticia

robleticia

Welcome from Angleton. Try taillightking.com, there is a link, bottom left on his page, to all the "good" swap meets in texas. Good luck!

4. honeyman

honeyman
    from Steiner

Welcome from Austin area. PATE swapmeet at Texas Motor Speedway, Ft.Worth, is probably 3rd largest in the country. Last weekend of April.

5. itche210

itche210

The Pigstand on Broadway is still on every Friday ! 1st Friday of every month head just South of downtown San Antonio, everyone brings out their cars for some live bands, beer, an hangin out!

6. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome from Tennessee

7. dclickster

dclickster

Welcome! from CowTown. There is a Swap meet @ the Expo center in Austin next week 9-9 thru 9-11. Another at Decatur Tx. Toward the end of the month, & of course GoodGuys @ TMS (NASCAR track) in Ft. Worth also end of Sept. Lastly, DFW meet @ FW Cats Baseball Stadium (La Grave field) Ft.Worth. Good Hunting !

8. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Welcome! Good luck with your search

9. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Welcome from San Antonio!:)

10. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

11. NBgregTX

NBgregTX

thanks everyone! i dident expect to hear from anyone this soon and never thought this many people would would reply.i'm definetely going to check out all the events you guys have told me about and i also really appriciate the people that took the time to just say hello! guess i need to slow down and do some proof reading.i read my post again today and......well spelling has never been one of my strengths.ha!really,thanks again everyone it's good to know that there are so many rad people out there! Greg

12. NBgregTX

NBgregTX

i have always loved chevys but i'm open to anything as long as it's old and made out of steel.when i see somthing i dig or think is cool then thats enough.it's pretty simple i guess kinda like the saying that 'art is in the eye of the beholder'.being loyal to a specific company isent doing me any good anyway.i've had a ton of diffrent cars,trucks,vans and bikes over the years and i cant think of a single one of them that dident have there own special issues that i had to be adressed,as a matter of fact i think every one of them left me stranded at least one or two times but with old cars thats just the nature of the beast.everyone i have talked to on here have some pretty bitchin' rides and seem real cool,it's open my mind up to other possibilitys.thanks again!
    Greg

13. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Weclome from the nw side of san antone...

14. Welcome from San Antonio (again) !hahaha

15. A great big welcome from Oklahoma City.

16. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Spring Tx saying hi down here through the smoke...

17. I live in your town, we meet on saturday nights at Denny's at IH 35 and TX 46, c'mon by! or contact me here.Welcome! There's a huge swap meet right now in New Braunfels at the fair grounds!

18. 210eddiep

210eddiep

Hi We have soda pops in boerne. Saturday night cruise ins Drop by some time