Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Speed Channel Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by N312RB, Jun 24, 2008.

1. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

Has anyone seen that new Speed Channel show "101 Cars You Must Drive?" It had some interesting cars last night and some pretty cool ones are in the line up.

What did you think

2. It was pretty good, I thought. Was a little more informative than the usual TV "car show". Liked the way they did the Bird theme. Will watch it again if I think of it. Trouble is Speed seems to never have the same program on the same day at the same time twice in a row.

3. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Have it TIVOed, and will watch it later.

4. "I know pimps who wouldn't drive this car" ... he gets a few good lines in there. Bodden isn't bad doing stand-up, the show was interesting but I wish they'd show us under the hoods of some of these cars. But it's just the first show, maybe it will improve.

5. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

It was OK but maybe not as good as I expected....But hey... it's a car show and I'll watch it again.:D

6. jcw

jcw
    from pomona ca

back in the day i thought a super bird was a JOKE. well the joke is on me. they are worth a lot of bucks

7. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

sorry to bump it... but the show is still pretty good :p

8. ratty 58

ratty 58

Haven't watched it that much since they had the Edsel. The way he was ripping on it, calling it junk, unreliable, and so forth, the typical uninformed crap. Being that I own a few Edsels, it ticked me off a little. I don't need your opinion on the looks. It didn't help that he featured a 59 instead of a 58... which is the defining year of the make.

9. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He did the same old shit about Corvairs as well. It would be a good show if the host knew something about cars.....

10. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

It's pretty good. I have learned to really like Alonzo Bodden - he is a funny guy.

11. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Oh no he didnt!!!!!!!! I am no longer his fan club president lol......He is one funny dude though even if he did disrespect the van lol

[​IMG]

12. dalesnyder

dalesnyder

I like it , but wait til next season and they start with the show being filled with 15 minutes of exploding graphics advetising the show and 10 minutes of corporate b.s.. Like all the other car shows that could be cool. But they will also get a pretty co-host !

13. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

speaking of corporate b.s... does anyone know what the timeframe on Top Gear USA is?

14. I've been an Alonzo Bodden fan since he was on America Next Comic , or some shit like that, but this show is really kind of stupid - just a bunch of fluff and silly comments. I've seen about 6 of them, usually while reading The Rodders Journal - background noise

15. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

That shows okay, I watch a few show on speed. 2 guys garage... fullers a riot and trucku Matt Steele's a good guy. ;)

16. Rowdy_one

Rowdy_one
    from Oh

I like it, superficial for sure, but nuttin else like it on. Wife dont care for it much, I record and watch at my leisure.

I like two guys and trucku also, the rest are too much about bitching at each other and not enough about the cars

17. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

the brit show, god I can't think of the name, is a bit like it.

18. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

IMHO speed channel was better 10 years ago, they would have shows about air racing, boats etc. I liked the series Victory by Design . Some of the classic racing cars were really special. I guess the viewers demand more NASCAR.

Ago

19. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Yea, they should cover more classic racing. That would be awsome.

20. I think the guy needs to stay on stage,get a car guy or chick to do it ...maybe a smart Vida G?? the writers are the fools that dont know shit.......but they have picked some cool cars to start

21. oh yeah keep a eye out for Jesse James new show "Jesse James is a dead man" saw some stuff on iit should be kool!!

22. N312RB

N312RB
    from Burlington

Top Gear?

23. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

I'm not sure of the time frame, but they are shooting episodes now. I would guess it will be out by the end of this year or early next.

Mike