Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Shoebox Project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by moonman29, Jun 17, 2019.

1. moonman29

moonman29

Well I did again, bought another project I don't need but really wanted. I picked up this 51 Victoria over the weekend. This car was meant for me, just the way everything worked out. This car was on Ebay a few months ago. I really liked it since I saw it and was going to bid on it. So bid day came and just my luck, I missed the bid due work. So, in the evening I emailed the seller and told him I was interested in the car and if for some reason the sale didn't go through, to let me know. Well, a few days later, I got the message that the sale didn't go through and if I was still interested in the car. So was talked a few times and came to an agreement and asked him if he wanted me to send him a deposit, he said "Nope, your word is good enough for me". So he held on to it for almost two months until I got my trailer ready and finally had a free weekend to make the 4 hour drive to pick it up. And so now here it is, my 51 Ford once again. The reason I say that, is because I had a 51 about 15 years ago, but had to sell it when another off-topic car was available and needed the space. But I always regretted selling that car and said someday I'll have one again.

Now the car will sit on the trailer for the next few months since I want to finish getting the 53 ford running and in drive able condition. The 51 has the original flatty V8 and its an automatic. Supposedly it was rebuilt by the original owner but never started. Interior is all there and original. Will need some body work but I just would like to get it going for now. Plan is to make it a dependable for now and drive it. Plan on adding headers, dual exhaust, maybe a Offy 4-barrel intake I already have and maybe some wheels.

Attached Files:

2. D type

D type
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

great looking project---have fun --be safe

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - I think that the stock grill on '51 is one of the best looking that there is