Register now to get rid of these ads!

New product 1932 ford door latches

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DICK SPADARO, Mar 22, 2011.

1. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

This is just to keep you guys informed about new stuff coming down the line. I received this sample of the new 1932 door latches to evaluate and test fit. Based upon how things go they should be available within the next 10 weeks. Any way here is a preview looksey..Will have pic's of more new stuff as it becomes available. You can check it out in person at Charlotte Autofair, spaces up the hill from the HAMB village, plus other new stuff.

Attached Files:

2. Weasel

Weasel

Looking good and I think they were also used in 1933-1936 Willys Model 77. I know for sure that the Willys Model 77 door hinges are 1932 Ford Commercial - the hinge mirrors fit perfectly....

Any idea on target pricing?

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

They look real nice in the photos. I'm always impressed with things like this that take so many different parts, tooling, refining, fitting, before the first one is sold. Bet you could have bought a few '32 Fords for the R&D and tooling costs.

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'll be there Dick to check those out. Pheeeew, I was getting ready to weld my doors up haha!!!

5. HotRod33

HotRod33

they look pretty good

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

When we received our checking samples of these latches at Specialized Auto Parts in Houston some 15 or more years ago we were very happy with them until we tried them in a couple doors and had jamming problems. The problem turned out to be an error in bending the main body plate. It isn't a 90 degree bend but a few degrees bigger and when installed the samples would deform and jam up. Unfortunately we did not complete this project to fill out the 32-34 Latch line. Plans were to offer the latches with mounting hardware and over length remote rods so the customer could make up what was needed for their body styles.
    I'm sure they would have sold in greater numbers than the 33 and 34 Ford Passenger car latches we sold for many years since they would fit the 32-34 Commercial Bodies except for open trucks and station wagons as well as all 32 Passenger bodies except open cars and 3W Coupes.
    Best of luck, they look real good from the pictures.