Register now to get rid of these ads!

New owner of 55 Dodge pickup

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Eric H Adams, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Eric H Adams

Eric H Adams

Hi everyone,
    I want to introduce myself, my name is Eric I live in Vermont and just recently picked up a 1955 Dodge C3-B6-108.

I have been looking at classic trucks for many years. My wife happened to drive by this one on the one day is parked down by the road. We looked at it the next day and made an offer on the spot. It took the owner about 10 days to finally decide she wanted to sell it.

When I went to register it at theState dmv they told me the low book value was 14k. I paid 6k for it. I had no idea of the book value when I made the offer.

We found a running truck that is in pretty good shape as far as the body goes.
    We were told that it is over heating and couldn’t go over 45mph.
    Brakes had been done recently(?)

It does not have the original engine. It has what I think is a 1968-74 225 slant six with a four speed transmission.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far I have driven it around the yard a little and up and down road some.

Work done so far:
    replaced the water pump as it was seeping.
    replaced the radiator with a new aluminum one.
    Replaced all hoses in the engine compartment.
    Replaced one brake line in the rear drum.

I have some questions about identifying the engine further and what type of transmission. I can tell by the casting that the engine is a 68-74.
    From what I have read is that this truck probably had a 3-speed transmission.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

How can I pinpoint the year the engine is?
    Does it matter?
    Where would I look for what type of transmission I have?

Thanks for having me here I am sure I will have a bunch more questions.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. 1934coupe

1934coupe

Welcome Eric. I don't know much about slant six's but found this. I don't think the date is important. I know GM dates but not Mopar. Nice truck.

Pat

Block Casting Numbers
    Slant Six
    Casting No CID Year Family
    2202843 170 G
    2205630 170 G
    2264478 170 G
    2463230 170 65 G
    ******* 198 G
    2202857 225 RG
    2205528 225 RG
    2463430 225 RG
    2806830 225 RG

3. Flamed48

Flamed48

The after market for engine parts goes by block style such as sbc or bbc as most manufactures produced the same engine with little to no changes for x amount of years

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app