Register now to get rid of these ads!

new on HAMB from PA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by sagra, Sep 25, 2012.

1. sagra

sagra

New to the H.A.M.B and find it amazing! (friendliness, helpfulness, resources, passion, humor, etc). I'm 66, live near Reading, PA, semi-retired artist/craftsman/metalsmith. Lifetime crazy about kustoms (esp wild ones), engines, horsepower, drag racing. Painted flames on a car when I was 14 (my neighbor's 54 Merc). At 15 I lived near Atco Dragway (1961) - was jumping the fence and thrilled watching pioneers like Don Garlits, Art Arfons, Connie Kalitta, Mickey Thompson, etc. My first kustom (in 1964) was a mild kustom 55 Chevy.

REAL car crazy in past few years (24/7 crazy) - bought some low priced, not perfect old cars/kustoms: 57 Lincoln radical kustom; a 60 Buick bubbletop kustom; a 61 Plymouth; a 62 T-bird;...and a 50 Ford that I plan on doing wild things with (NOT bad taste "wild"...I promise). Never worked on cars much - starting to learn as much as I can. Met some friendly, helpful PA HAMBers at Wildwood this past weekend - eager to meet more - hang out - maybe get some mechanical tips/experience. Spend a lot of time in Cape May County, NJ - like to connect with HAMBers there too.

Below are pics of my cars (one with my "better half" in the pic - fortunately she loves cars too). Attend many area cruises/bashes/hoedowns/scenes with the Lincoln.

To help explain why I chose a weird ID like "sagra", there's a picture of a tropical Sagra beetle below....looks kinda like a kustom, huh?

Thanks, Bob

Attached Files:

2. LongT

LongT

Welcome from Allentown, PA

Bill

3. RH2795

RH2795

Nice!!! Welcome from New York.

4. sagra

sagra

Thanks for the welcome
    Bob

5. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands! Enjoy the H.A.M.B.

6. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.

7. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Welcome from another '61 Plymouth owner from Arkansas.

8. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

Welcome from reading,pa

9. hallrods

hallrods

Welcome from Wisconsin

10. welcome from Hatboro pa