Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

New Old Stock Carter 965s (for 216)

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Jon G, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Jon G

Jon G

City: Dallas

State: TEXAS!
    Price: $240
    Carter 965s new old stock, complete with box, original Carter information/data sheets, choke connector tube (with insulation). Not a lot to say. This is new and has lived in the original box or maybe on a display shelf in some auto parts store for decades. If you have a 216 and want a new Carter carburetor, here's your chance and a new one of these is extremely difficult to locate. I'll also include a new and proper manifold gasket.

Because this carburetor was at least 40 years old when I bought it, I replaced all the gaskets (the originals had dried and become brittle) and the accelerator diaphragm which is supposed to resist ethanol fuel
    . Even the auto-choke cover gasket was replaced. The needle & seat were fine. I moved the id tag to an interior screw. It was on the outside but it apparently had caught on the box at some point and had been bent to the point of starting to separate. $240 plus actual cost of shipping. If you want more images or have questions, please contact me at: [email protected] Please note: this carburetor was designed for use on the 1937 to 1952 Chevy 216.[​IMG]