Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features New Mexico guys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 76ironhead, May 13, 2016.

1. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Hi everyone I was wondering if there are any members in new Mexico I'm heading to Deming the 28 through the 4 are there car shows or car things to do around that time or in that area. Thanks

2. I'm up north in Taos, not sure what's going on in the south. I do notice the NM rodders don't seem to band together much, yet there are cars all over the place. My barber here in Taos owns a 48 Ford PU, a 61 Bel Air 348 tripower, a 41 Chevy coupe with a SBC, a 62 409 Impala, a 38 Chevy pickup with a SBC - all nice cars, and he doesn't belong to any club. There is a New Mexico Council of Car Clubs, maybe they can help you find what you're after. Good luck.

3. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I hope you have a good trip down here to the desert. There is a lot of great stuff to see and do...especially if you like heat and dust.

Here is a fairly comprehensive list of New Mexico happenings;
    http://www.nmcarcouncil.com/nmcc-upcoming-events-page.html

Deming is a pretty small town, I'm not sure what, if anything they have going on as far as car shows, etc. Silver City and Las Cruces are not far away. There is a great car show in Silver City in late summer. Las Cruces typically has stuff going on. It seems to me that there is always several listing on Craigslist for cars and parts in the Deming area (have to search the Las Cruces Craigslist)
    Have a good trip
    Bobby

4. Thanks for the NM show links! Awesome, I've been looking forever for what you posted. Sorry to see the Taos Autum Run show apparently is not coming back....it was a relatively small show, but a weekend in Taos is never bad.

5. 76ironhead

76ironhead

Thanks bobbytm the list of shows is helpful.

6. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

76IH
    What brings you to Deming, NM?
    The problem with New Mexico is that nothing is close to anything. Bobby is a 'neighbor' and he is an hour away because of the distance, not the traffic or a slow car.
    I'd say head over to Sparkys http://sparkysburgers.com/ for a burger if you have a chance, especially if you like a green chili, bacon cheeseburger. This is making me crave for one, it is a 7 hour round trip and I'll try to meet you there if you decide you are going. There is nothing on the drive between Deming and Hatch except tumbleweeds and maybe a jackalope, sorry.

7. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Heck, for that matter, there isn't much in Deming either. Actually Rockhound State Park is kinda cool if you like that sort of thing. City of Rocks State Park is not far away and its pretty cool. There is Faywood Hotsprings...I think its reopened.

You can pick up some good eats in Deming at Amigo's Foods. They make a lot of food for the military, grocery stores, etc but they do have a walk-in over-the-counter lunch window with great daily specials.

Are you going to visit anything else in New Mexico? what route are you taking to get to Deming. I travel the state often and know of plenty of great places to eat in most every town.

Have a good trip
    Bobby

8. rfraze

rfraze

Make a run to Silver City, NM and be sure to spend some time in the old Downtown. If you get adventuresome, you can find/checkout Mogollon. If not, you could make the loop east out of Silver City to I-25, S to Las Cruces, then back W to Deming. If you go to Las Cruces, be sure to have a What-a-Burger. I'd suggest a triple/triple.

9. Man I grow up in Hobbs and in 1985 there was nothing to do but if you get out and look their are some cool place to see in the Desert just go for a drive around sun set, also Carlsbad has the caves and Roswell as some aliens