Register now to get rid of these ads!

New member with a 49 F-1

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ERguitar, Aug 26, 2018.

1. ERguitar

ERguitar

Hey Guys
    New Iowa member.
    Recently bought a nice 1949 F1 on a tip from my son. I wasn't in the market, just thought I'd take a look out of curiosity. The truck is all original with surface rust only. It had been in storage since 1970 (interesting story) so it needed all the usual stuff. Brake system, battery, carb kit, radiator and fial tank rehab. The engine was stuck but that turned out to be a stuck valve, simple fix.
    Right now its a blank canvas, were into old school so it will definitely stay as a flathead with a swap of the current four speed the only consideration so far.
    No hotrodding yet, we've just been enjoying it stock and figuring out where the weak links are but I'm looking forward to getting some inspiration from the members here.

Attached Files:

Jimmy51 and slv63 like this.
  2. Great looking truck. Welcome and enjoy your HAMBtime.

3. Welcome, and what a great find! You'll have fun running it stock as you go.