Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Member from New Jersey!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 49Shine, Apr 5, 2013.

1. 49Shine

49Shine
    from New Jersey

Hey Everyone, I just picked up my 1949 Pickup 2 weeks ago and just registered on the H.A.M.B.:) I'm located just outside of the Philly area across the river in Jersey.
    Does anyone from NJ know the best way for me to title/register this truck so I can drive it more than 3000 miles a year and not have to pass emissions? I'm not sure if I want to do the Historic registration (To be considered a historic vehicle, the vehicle must be at least 25 years old and only used for exhibition and educational purposes by the owner.)

http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/SpecialVehiclesPlates.htm

Sorry if this is the wrong spot for this Post.

Thanks!

2. farmboyhotrodder

farmboyhotrodder
    from PA

Welcome to the HAMB. I am from North-West Jersey, and have a '51 Chevy 3800 (one ton pickup). I registered mine with the antique vehicle "QQ" plates. I have Hagerty insurance, and they have the least amount of restrictions (no milage restrictions for me). When I fist put the truck on the road, I drove it everywhere, even at night. I didn't care. They don't favor night driving, however, you do what you have to do. A buddy of mine got Hagerty insurance, but registered it as an everyday vehicle. It only has to pass emissions in the State of NJ. Other things are self inspection. That is not to say that you shouldn't be driving without brake lights, etc., but it frees you up as to when and where you can drive it- just like no restrictions at all. Hope this helps.

3. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Welcome from NC! Great '49 truck you have!

4. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Welcome from So. Monmouth!!!

5. 53fordcustom

53fordcustom

Welcome from Ohio

6. Hello jersey from nyc

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

7. tushar

tushar
    from Delhi

Board seeks to make special education teachers and guidance counselors case managers
    At the State Board of Education meeting on April 3, the proposed special education regulations continued to move through the administrative adoption code process. Dozens of NJEA members witnessed the State BOE unanimously vote to move these regulations with only one minor amendment, still seeking to place case management responsibilities in the hands of classroom teachers and other certified staff members

Bus Shelter

8. Hey. Gonna keep an eye out for you. I'm right off the Walt. Which way did you go with your plates?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Welcome from CT!