Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. Jerry Patton

Jerry Patton

Thanks for excepting me into the H.A.M.B. fold. My name is Jerry. I live in Shawnee, Kansas (Kansas City area). Been here about 36 years. When I was in college, I bought site/unseen a 32 Ford roadster. My dad was trying to collect up enough parts to restore a model A roadster and called to tell me about this 32 he had found. I said buy it! I asked my dad if he thought the owner would take a 29 model a roadster that I had just purchased in trade. My dad traded the model A and some cash for the 32 hotrod, but he didn't tell me. When I came home for the Christmas holidays I found the car in the shed. That was in 1974. I still have the car and yes it needs a lot of work but I've enjoyed it over these many years.

I grew up on a small farm in western Kansas where "fixin stuff" was a survival skill. I later went to school and received a degree in Automotive Technology at Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas which is where I was when the 32 was purchased.

I have been quiety reading on this form for a while. If I can find a picture of the car as it was purchased, I will try to post it later. Some of my so-called buddies nicknamed me Chicken Man. I guess that is because I always traveled with a rubber chicken in that 32 with me.

Black Fifty likes this.
  2. "Some of my so-called buddies nicknamed me Chicken Man. I guess that is because I always traveled with a rubber chicken in that 32 with me."

Lol! Who usually drove? :D
    You'll find everyone to be quite interested in any pics you can post. Nice story about the car too. Welcome.

Mike

3. Jerry Patton

Jerry Patton

Thanks Black Fifty. Here is the only picture I can find of the car as I originally purchased it. Heck, I had a new toy! Who bothered to take pictures at that time?
    Although the pictures don't show much, here are some details about the car. Yeah, that is me in the car with the first girl I picked up in it. This would have been the summer of '75 I believe.

Original Henry body channeled on original frame.
    Original 32 radiator cut down. An no, it wouldn't stay cool on the highway
    40 Ford dash
    Paint is purple
    56 Ford pick up narrowed rear axle with 4:08 gears on buggy spring
    56 Ford pickup steering box
    Split wishbone with 40 Ford brakes
    Chrome reversed wheels with bias tires
    Late fifties 283 chevy engine with homemade headers and 3 deuce set up, changed to a 4 barrel in this pic.
    T 10 4 speed
    MG bucket seats
    Windshield is made from 32 lower stanchions and 27 T frame split with a V in the center

Hope you like it.

Black Fifty likes this.
  4. Hi Jerry. Thanks for posting some info about the car. I don't see the picture that you mentioned in the last post. Enjoy your weekend.
    Mike

5. Jerry Patton

Jerry Patton

Purple 32.jpg
    Well, I guess I ain't got this figured out yet. I'll try again with the picture

Black Fifty likes this.
  6. Jerry Patton

Jerry Patton

Here is a picture from 1979 taken in Denver. A few updates since the purchase in 1974 include:
    1) New tires and Cragar wheels
    2) New paint
    3) New interior
    4) 350 Chevy engine
    5) 350 auto tranny
    6) 12 bolt Chevy posi in 3.36 ratio
    7) VW bus steering box
    8) 1969 Camaro front disk brakes
    8) Stetson hat for the driver

Attached Files:

7. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi & welcome. Nice ride both then & now. My 46 Chevy Coupe was purchased in Quinter Kansas bout 5 years ago. Jimmie

8. Jerry Patton

Jerry Patton

Jimmie - Thanks for the welcome. I am looking foward to the vast knowledge and experience here.

Jerry