Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Jeep Rodder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by blindstudios, Sep 13, 2006.

1. blindstudios

blindstudios

Hello, I am new to the H.A.M.B. I have been a big fan of the Jalopy Journal. I am just finally getting into the community.

I have a some what unusual project. I'm not sure if it really fits, but then again it doesn't really fit any where.

My project is a 1971, Jeep DJ-5 (better know as a Postal Jeep). I have chopped the top by 5", dropped in a manual trans and a Ford 302. The Jeep just seemed like a perfect vehicle to "hotrod".

My name is Jeff, and I just recently moved to the Portland Or area.

Attached Files:

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Uhhhh... you lost me at My project is a 1971, Jeep DJ-5 (better know as a Postal Jeep). I have chopped the top by 5", dropped in a manual trans and a Ford 302. The Jeep just seemed like a perfect vehicle to "hotrod"...

3. TINGLER

TINGLER

hmmmm.....

Welcome?

FWIW even if that Jeep could turn out great, this board is generally for 1965 and older vehicles.

1971 anything doesn't really fit here.

I got a serious soft spot for jeeps and I've contemplated buying a postal jeep a few times.....

Don't give up on it. If you believe in it, go for the gold....

but I don't think too many people will be on your side here.

4. KY Boy

KY Boy

dont tell anybody but I have a thing for jeeps, too. And funny thing is the DJ 5 came out in 65, I think, and had NO model changes until they killed it with the LLV. So you kinda fit in...sorta... I Dig the turquoise wheels!
    Just lay low and enjoy the scenery. and welcome!

5. kentucky

kentucky

Mmmm Jeeps...

I had a 46 CJ2A but sold it a few years back. I would like to have another one and put a ford flathead V8 in it. That would be beyond cool.

btw don't bother asking where these are. It's an old pic and they're probably Hyundais by now.

Attached Files:

• DJ2.jpg
      DJ2.jpg
      File size:
      26 KB
      Views:
    • DJ3.jpg
      DJ3.jpg
      File size:
      29 KB
      Views:
    • DJ'S.jpg
      DJ'S.jpg
      File size:
      24.6 KB
      Views:
  6. KY Boy

KY Boy

Kentucky,
    Hey man those pics look oddly familiar...Deja vu??? Doubt it. It was a sad day when were were just barely short of catching these before the crush-n-stack What I wouldn't give to be back close to a junkyard like that again.