Register now to get rid of these ads!

New here

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 409Rcr, Jan 19, 2013.

1. 409Rcr

409Rcr
    from Bear, DE

2. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Welcome from Kentucky & Tennessee! Now how about a proper introduction. Tell us a little about yourself...

3. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hi 409Rcr.
    What kyvetteman said - go and read Ryan's sticky note at the top of the Introductions page, then post us up some info about yourself.
    Please.
    Cheers.

4. That intro was like a drive by shooting...

5. dad-bud

dad-bud

Yeah, and about as welcome.
    :D :p

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

In the "sticky note" referenced above Ryan says, verbatim, "6. New users must introduce themselves in the intro forum." RYAN does NOT say what KIND of information or how MUCH information one is to include in the INTRO forum.

He asks people to fill out their PROFILE (which would be on one's profile page rather than the intro forum) with as much information as possible, but no where does he specify that a lengthy, information-filled introduction is required.

7. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

8. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

welcome from oHIo!

9. notaford1

notaford1
    from webster ny

Hello from New York

10. 409Rcr

409Rcr
    from Bear, DE

Ok, I appear to have offend some folks. Didn't intend to do that! For sure I didn't intend a "drive by shooting"! :eek: I'm an old fart that doesn't get in to this bulletin board thing much so I don't understand the protocols. The reason I joined here is I had some old pictures I took at Cecil County "Drag-O-Way" before I went in the Air Force in 1965. A friend suggested I should post them in the Junior Stockers thread on this board. A few other friends had shots they had taken and offered them to be posted as well. So Here I am.

There's not a lot to tell. I've loved old cars since I was old enough to know what cars were all about. When Cecil County Drag-O-Way opened I got a ride to the track and asked for a job. Ended up painting numbers on cars in the classification lanes. The summer before I left for basic training I Classified Modified cars & ran the scales during time trails and Staged races during eliminations. Military life came along and interrupted the "good" life of the 60s. After the military life in general (marriage, kids, homes, etc.) got in the way of my playing with cars. By the 90s the pressures of life had eased up and I got back in to drag racing in an active way. Always loved the stockers and super stockers of the early to mid 60s, so I now have a 62 409 Belair sport coupe I race with nostalgia super stock groups.

That's all the info that's fit to print!

To all those that offered 'welcomes' and 'greetings', thank you!

Last edited: May 26, 2013
  11. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. Old drag race photos are great. I'm going over to the Jr Stock thread right now to see if they are posted yet. Tom.

12. That's Better!:cool: Welcome From CT! Us old farts are a picky bunch:rolleyes:

13. Welcome from Texas!
    We DO love those 409's !!!!!

14. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

Welcome from South Ga. :)