Register now to get rid of these ads!

New HAMB lover in central Calif.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by casper, Sep 21, 2005.

1. casper

casper

Hi, I have been checking out this site for a few months, and I really like it. Although I am new here, I have been into cars since I was 13 years old and saw a movie called "American Grafitti" It must have really jacked up my mind. I got my first 1932 Ford in 1985 (a nice 5 window coupe I still own and drive), before that it was model A's and Corvettes. In my garage right now....
    1932 Ford 5 window coupe full fendered old hot rod.
    1932 Ford tudor sedan old stocker resto with a B 4 banger.
    1958 Corvette I bought in 1977 and drove to high school (got married in this car)
    1963 Corvette coupe split window my dad bought in 73 and sold it to me about 8 years ago
    1927 Ford roadster on an A frame bitchin old hot rod built in 1946 and unchanged (will be in the new issue of HOP UP)
    1957 Slingshot dragster was in HOT ROD magazine August of 59 winning B/gas championship in Santa Maria.
    More junk in the back yard...three T roadster bodies and two A coupe bodies, 32 rails .........You get the idea, I'm a real sick person . Sorry I rambled on. Thanks, Casper

2. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Nice stable you got there. Welcome to the HAMB.

Doc.

3. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

Welcome Fresnonian, Im from Clovis. You go to may shows around here?

4. Muttley

Muttley

Is this the one?

[​IMG]

BTW, welcome from another local.

5. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

Are you a memebr of the Royal Shifters?

6. Muttley

Muttley

7. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

what do you drive? I have a friend who lives down the street from I think its the group presidents house. I was drivin by a while back when you guys stopped and were havin your yearly BBQ. I meet Von Franko, saw all the cars and so on. It was pretty cool stuff.

8. casper

casper

Hey, Yes I am a member of the "ROYAL SHIFTERS", I should have proudly stated that in my intro ! WOW my coupe looks much better in the picture than it does in my garage, Thanks, John for posting the picture !!! I try to support any function that Mark and Kelly (club Prez.) have planned. This club has some of the best Hot Rod builders in the central valley, I am, however not one of them!
    Although I know my limitations, I still enjoy Hot Rodding. I'm better at reading magazines than welding!

9. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

Just got this from HAMB'er El Rusto. Before the '39 I had this but it never got past the project stage:

[​IMG]

I also have this, since I got the '39 it's on the back burner.

[​IMG]

10. casper

casper

Hi Keith (burnin oil) I hope you got a hamburger or hot dog when you stopped at the Bar B Q ! I'm sorry that I did not introduce myself to you, but the next event I go to, I will look for your 59 Ford. Thanks for the note ! Casper.

11. Muttley

Muttley

Sure thing.....except im not John.:D Depending on which John you are talking about it's either Porkshop (Hayes) or John Ford Man (Taylor). I'm Mike, Dales son.

12. casper

casper

Whoops, I realized that as soon as I saw your pictures...Bitchin stuff Mike.
    When I said our club had some very talented Hot Rod builders...Those are definatly two of the ones I was thinking of. Now I know exactly three Royal Shifters HAMB names! It will take me a minute, but I will catch on and figure out just who's who !!!..... Kenny.

13. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

Im not a shifter, but its the only club here that I have an interest in. That BBQ was great. Untill then I did know there was a group of people into customs and hot rods like that around here. Ive been meaning to stop by and just talk with 'um.

14. Muttley

Muttley

You should have gone to Billetproof last weekend it was great, and if you havent heard yet Tracy won Best of Show and Best Engine.:cool: :cool:

15. casper

casper

I think our club is the greatest ! I have also seen a few sleds and customs around town that are in a club called "THE CREEPERS", but I think I only know one member...Creeper Larry. Some really cool car's though, and it looks like their club has a lot of fun also !!! you are welcome to...Stop by any time, call me first 438-9228. Casper.

16. casper

casper

Yeah, I would have loved to have made the trip, but my kid's raced their quarter midgets in Livermore last weekend and off we go to Baylands (San Jose) this Saturday. I think they will get tired of racing soon, and then it will be time to help them build their own Hot Rod's. Congratulations Tracy !!! That's quite an honor. I must admit, I would have voted for his car too !! Casper.

17. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

Whats your schedual look like this weekend?

18. Cool ride, welcome to the HAMB.

19. casper

casper

Hi Keith...
    I will be home on Sunday around lunch time, and I will be messing around in the garage all afternoon. Stop by if you can !!!
    Thanks,
    Casper.

20. Welcome to the HAMB, casper. I'm sure I saw you [and Burnin' Oil, for that matter] at the BBQ. That coupe is killer.

21. casper

casper

Thanks Spent! I really appreciate the kind words. All this talk about the Bar B Q is making me hungry, in fact.... I'm staving for a big greasy burger right now! See ya at the next one,

Casper.

22. Did somone mention lunch?

23. 52 panel

52 panel

Sounds like you guys in CA. are having a blast. Wish we could get a little something in Arkansas besides backroads drag racing.

24. Stormies T's

Stormies T's
    from Oklahoma

:) A big hello and welcome from Oklahoma!! Nice to have you aboard.

25. casper

casper

OOH WEE !!! When I'm not hungry....I'm horney. It makes it difficult to get any work done on my cars !

26. casper

casper

Actually...Back road drag racing sounds better to me !! But the Bar B Q thing is way cool. If you plan it...They will come. And every year it will grow bigger. Casper.

27. casper

casper

Hey Thanks, I have a good friend who is getting ready to move to Ok. in January. I took a trip there with him last summer and really enjoyed it. We rented a car and drove down to Texas motorplex for a swap meet and on the way back, I bought some 26-27 roadster doors and a cool old louvered 32 Ford hood from a guy in Ada, Ok. that has ton's of T and A stuff. The doors fit in my luggage but they were scratching their heads at the airport when I walked in with the hood under my arm !!!. I can hardly wait until he gets all setteled in so I can come visit for another swap meet, I told him to make an area on his property for me to store some rusty cars....I saw lot's of vintage tin just driving around. You guy's have all the good stuff still available. Casper.

28. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

I hope Im "drivin by" again next yer.