Register now to get rid of these ads!

New H.A.M.B. member 31 Tudor build

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by glamb, Jan 12, 2019.

1. glamb

glamb

Hello all, I’ve been lurking around here for years but never posted anything. I’m a bodyman by trade and I’ve been into cars my whole life. Started out with low riders and then got into mild customs only to realize my passion turned into traditional hot rods. I picked up a 31 model a Tudor body 2 years ago with big plans to build. Reading through the H.A.M.B. classifies one morning on the throne I saw a 31 model a frame for sale not too far away from me. I emailed him and purchased it from him but little did I know in doing so would spark such a fire under me. Some of you might follow 48fordnut. I’m now lucky enough to call him a good friend and look for him on lots of advice. Back to the build...after getting the frame from Jim I mounted the body on it and started removing all the original wood and miscellaneous metal I could without completely blowing it all apart. The car is in very good shape I plan on blasting it soon and getting some epoxy primer on it. I also picked up a 55 272 y block and plan on doing a traditional style build. I welcome all criticism and advice. Glad to be apart of such a cool brotherhood. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Welcome from the Best Coast!
    Looks like you have a great body to start with. If you have not already done so, be sure to start
    a build thread on the main board
    Good luck with your project.

3. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

Glad to see you on here. .Keep up the good work and pics.

jim