Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guys new ride, 62 Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by garvinzoom, Sep 29, 2007.

1. edl

edl

Real nice car, grill is in good shape for some reason "62 grills are tough to come by reasonable. I've got a '62 4 dr.been looking for a decent grill for some time. The 250 ci engine has hood clearance problems in the 60-63 round bodies.

2. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

It always amazes me how many Hambers own Falcons. Whats the deal?
    Everytime theres a Falcon post it goes on for pages. And thats only the hambers who will publicly admit they own one.
    " Hi.. my name is Chaz, and I'm a Falcon owner" Admitting you have a problem is the first step to a cure.

3. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I know what you mean. For the life of me I just dont wanna give up my little 63 comet. I love that car. It's like a good dog, reliable and always there when you need it. Plus they're great cars for young guys and folks new to the whole "thing" cause they're easy as hell to work on and parts are cheap. Great, great, cars. I definitely have a problem, but it's not just limited to Falcons/Comets. :eek:

4. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I think dreddybear is right, I got this car for a good price as it sits and wont have to do a ton of work to it to start cruising. I know I can work on it and parts are still pretty easy to come by, EBAY is loaded with falcon parts. I also like the way it looks and usually only see 2DR cars at the shows so I think it will be a "little" different. There were some decent deals to be had on two door cars but I fell for this one.
    The other car I was looking at buying but did not get a call back till after purchasing this car was a 65 comet four door. They had $1500.00 on it but could probaly be had for less, not in as good shape as this car though. Also 6cyl. auto, was sitting on one falt tire and had some minimal damage to the right front leading edge of the fender and the trim on top of the fenders was missing, dont know if he had it or not. This car was in Buckeye Lake Ohio if anyone wants me to try and get ahold of the owners for you, I dont know these people but they said if I knew anyone looking to tell them.....

5. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Here are some pics that were in the glovebox. That is the original owner and the fella who made it the way it looks know, that was 6-08-05 and he was 14 years old. Did not look to bad.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. sewman

sewman
    from Toledo,Oh

Here's my 62 which now has twin trunk mounted antennas.

Attached Files:

7. fugness

fugness

I dont have pics of an aussie one, and no good showing you mine, cause mine has a custom tube grille now.

Falcons are good cause of the cost, mine owes me about 3 grand, thats car purhcase and all the mods. Frenched number plates, twin frenched aerials, front and rear roll pans, delete filler cap, delete boot lock, tube grille and twin headlights, suede paint, 14 inch mustang steelies, and cant forget the fuzzy dice! Oh and the big block 200ci!! Good cheap cars

8. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Do you have a pic from the front? Is your roof gloss white and the rest flat? I like the skirts.
    Hey man why don't you buy a upholstery machine from me & redo those (my)seats??

9. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Hell, I would still like to see a pic of it.:D

10. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I got a stock One that I don't need. Sweet falcon by the way! The body and chrome looks straight. Let me know if there's any other falcon parts you may need. I'm putting an Aussie OHC cross flow in my 62 wagon as I plan on pulling a vintage 50s travel trailer with it and need a little more grunt. So I got a lot of extra parts. You plan on putting the washboards on it? The trim is my favorite part about the 62.
    [​IMG]

11. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

I got a couple extra of those as well;) .Not a fan of the original grill and bumper. I'm going to fab something different there.

12. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Nice ride :cool: love them falcons

13. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Has anyone made a set of trailing arms for a 62? I am making a three link to mount air bags, and the stock leaf spring box is a really funky design. It has a conical plug that is held in place by the eye bolt. Very weak and flimsy. It's totally different than a Mustang. I plan on moving the pivot point back an inch and a half. Can anyone see a potential problem with this? Has anyone else already made these and have pics?

14. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

sorry man I haven't here is a pic of my 64 she needs some work...
    [​IMG]

15. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Thanks for the comments! Washboards? Not sure what you mean. I would like the air cleaner. PM me if you could and we will set up something. THANKS

16. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Well, been a long time since I posted in this thread. Other than some brake repairs and changing out the idler arm bushing which is still in progress I have not done too much to her. Took it to a couple shows and cruise in's last summer and put her in the Santa Clause parade and then the brakes went south. Just as the weather was turning around this year I broke my right foot at work and that put me out of commision for working in the garage for 7 weeks.
    Getting her as ready as possible for the Goodguys show in Columbus coming up and put the new door panels I bought a while back on and thought I would post some pictures.
    Really need to get some paint on but funds are not allowing that at this time but thinking about going with a silver roof with heavy flake and a candy green or a nice green that does not cost a mint like the candies do......slow progress is still progress! ;)

Here are the "panels" I bought with the car. Factory ones were supposed to go with the car but got tired of the BS waiting on those.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here are the ones I bought of EBAY. Was pretty happy with the quality for the price I paid, around $100. Real happy with the way it made the interior look so different.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

VERY nice upgrade on the interior!

18. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

:D Thank you! I am quite happy with the more finished feel. Just changed the oil and filter and topped off the diff. getting ready to head to Goodguys Friday mourning. Only sixty miles to get there from the house but it will be the longest trip I have taken in it. :D

19. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

hey, at least you can drive yours...
    my record setting trip was 1/2 mile and that was close to 2 years ago. sounds worse when i see it in writing.
    congrats on yours shaping up!! (no pics of the air cleaner? :)
    peace

20. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Yours is going to be so awesome when it is done though! All of the mods you have made really have to be time consuming.

21. Chris_Rat

Chris_Rat

I went to my local parts store and bought a small 4 1/2" mr gasket filter. It looks boss.

22. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Been a while since I updated this thread. I have been taking her to shows this summer and other than some front end work have not done much to her. Just put a heater core in it a couple minutes ago as it was disconnected when I bought it, hope to put it in a parade this month and do not want to freeze my ass off like last year. Here is a picture as she looks right know....Still loving it!!!

[​IMG]

23. edl

edl

Nice job, looks great

24. Da Biffster

Da Biffster

I love those year falcons, there was a bad ass blue one at the JalopyRama, hope someone got some pics of it. Stance similiar to yours, black wheels/whitewalls. Keep up the good work on yours

25. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

SO glad you didn't spray it flat black!

Looks fine the way she sits.

garvinzoom likes this.
  26. Mercury Kid

Mercury Kid

I was admiring it at Goodguys this summer, looks real good.

27. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

28. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

29. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

Yeah, looking back flat black was a bad idea. Everyone else was doing it so I thought why not mine....:rolleyes:
    Changes will be made eventually but that will NOT be one of them!

30. Camaro Mike

Camaro Mike

Great looking Falcon. Thanks for updating the post.