Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy with 57 Super Stock Car

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Jeffsracing, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Jeffsracing

Jeffsracing

[​IMG]

Hi all,

Been a lurker for some time and gained great information and insight from many of you. Just purchased a 57 Chevy Super Stock Drag Car and used the site to find transportation to haul it to me and found a great contact in Bill Squires from Bills Auto Works. Great communication, fast service and absolutely made sure my car arrived in good condition. Highly recommend him for auto transport.

Looking forward to putting the old 57 on the track again. It hasnt ran or seen sunlight for over 25 years. Here is info for Bill Squires and a pic of my new Hot Rod.
    Bill Squires (owner)
    Bill's Auto Works
    (419)929-8048 shop
    (216)832-8697 cell

Thanks again to The Hamb for helping to keep the old car hobby alive!!!

2. k9racer

k9racer

Welcome from Alabama.. OK now photos and info on the purple looking car in the back ground.. Bobby..

3. Welcom from thee golden state

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Hello from the West Coast of Florida.

The car looks great and I am sure there is an interesting history to go along with it.

Maybe you could fill us in on the history if you have it.

Thanks and good luck with it. Jimbo

5. Plung

Plung
    from San Diego

Nice car. Enjoy the Hamb.

6. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Greetings from the Buckeye State. Nice '57 you got there. Looking fordward to following its return to the strip!

7. That's a :cool:COOL:cool: looking '57 there. It sure does have that nostalgia look.

That little "MOUSE" lettering on the front fender is killer ;) .

There's a serious roll cage in there. A great piece of racing history.

AND, I also wonder what that car in the back ground is?????????? It's not a '65. You holding out on me?????

8. Greetings from Iowa!

9. Midwest Rodder

Midwest Rodder

10. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Hello from MN ! Cool 57!

11. john81

john81

Nice 57,Dirt car in background,John Deere lawn tractor. You got it going. Wellcome.

12. Welcome officially Jeff & thanks for the feedback! I enjoyed spending a few minutes checking out your toys & B.S.ing a bit, would like to have been able to stay a bit longer but there are many others waiting for their toys!
    Bill

13. Welcome from the cultural center of the universe, Oklahoma. In 1963 and 64, I helped my buddy in high school with his 57 that we raced. Facotry optioned stock 283, 2x4's 4 speed .... It ran in E/Stock, as I recall our best time back then was 14.92 with street tires as per the class.

14. niterunner71

niterunner71

Welcome from WV. Bill helps me out with my toys too. Glad you gave him your business.

15. welcome from sw ohio very cool 57

16. k9racer

k9racer

I guess we might have scared him off..

17. Jeffsracing

Jeffsracing

Still here and thanks for the warm welcome and the comments on the 57 and the old dirt late model.

Super excited about bringing the 57 back to life. It still has the as raced 283 in it with a pro shifted Liberty prepped Chrysler 833 trans and a Dana 60 rearend. The car haunted tracks in the 1970's around Ohio and surrounding states. It also was a Super Stock National Record holder at one time and won class at the 1976 Spring Nationals in Bristol. In process of pulling engine and rebuilding all the mechanicals as it hasnt ran in over 25 years. Anybody have any racing pics or remember it let me know.

The old dirt car is a 1965 Chevelle 2 door post that raced late model class. Raced in the early 70's and is a pretty cool piece with an Allison front end and Frankland Quick Change. Just recently sold to another Hamber from SC who will be slinging dirt with it again!!! Here is a better pic.

[​IMG]

18. k9racer

k9racer

glad to see you came back.. I hope you keep the 3 pedals in the 57. I love to hear those 4 speeds playing music.. Its funny that several hambers noticed the old sportsman chevelle. You can tell we look hard.. welcome again.. Bobby..

19. grichards790

grichards790

Just wait until Jeff gets to posting pics of his collection! It is amazing and his knowledge of cars and building them is really amazing. I have known Jeff for 20 years (we met over a 68 convertible camaro that had been burned up) and he is a first class guy.

Welcome to The Hamb, Jeff!

20. kennkat

kennkat

Welcome from Snowy Ca. Nice 57 SS'er!

21. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Good looking rides. Welcome

22. 60 ford

60 ford

Welcome from Indiana, cool car.