Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in AZ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Greasy Tommy, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Greasy Tommy

Greasy Tommy

New to this site. My name is Tommy and im from Mesa, AZ. Im a senior in high school, and am getting ready to go to Wyotech on a scholorship. Ive been working on cars since I was little, but only started customizing/restoring them when I was about 12. My buddies and I have built a few trucks from the ground up, and are working on a few cars as we speak. I know that there is always new to learn, and have been browsing this site forever in search of information, good deals, and bad ass cars.

My daily driver is a 1967 Ford Fairlane 500, that my dad and I built when I was 15, it has a 300 hp 289, a 4 speed toploader, and the stock Ford 9. Its red primer, with a 6 inch drop in the front and a 4 inch drop in the rear. I did all the body work and engine work myself, and my dad helped me with the wiring and some other stuff.

I am working on a 1952 Ford 2dr, I chopped it 4.5", lowered it, and right now it is in grey primer. No enigine or trans yet, but I have a 61 LeSabre 401 Nailhead in my garage for 'er. Ive got air bag suspension that I am getting ready to install this summer, and I just got done with the interior.

I also have a 1949 Ford 4dr sedan that is just sitting until I have some extra money around. Its 100% original, complete and clean as hell. Someday, thatll be the ultimate custom.. but not for a while.

I am also a machinist at Honeywell, running manual and CNC lathes, mills and grinders. I started machining as something to fall back on, in case there was no future in my hobby. I dont mind it, but I dont absolutely love doing it..

I am always looking for someone to learn from and work with, and Im sure that you will start seeing questions and things popping up from me, as I like to take advantage of others knowledge, and I have always asked alot of questions. I am glad to be part of the H.A.M.B., and sorry it took so long for me to post one of these..

2. welcome to HAMB! This is a very informative place here. Got any pics of your projects?

3. Greasy Tommy

Greasy Tommy

not digital, im oldschool when it comes to that. I hate digital cameras. If you want I could mail them?

4. guiseart

guiseart

Glad to have ya here Greasy Tommy,
    Sounds like you're on the right track... Wyotech and all. I've always heard good things about that place.

You know you don't need a digital camera to get photos online don't ya? The cheap, easy way is to just take pics with a regular camera, then when you get them developed, get them put on a CD... stick it right into your PC and... pow! Online photos! Sometimes you need to make them "smaller" to get them onto places like this, but you have your pics forever, and it's cheaper than dealing with a Digital camera.
    Just thought I'd say hello!
    Greg (from Kansas) "GUISEART"

5. Greasy Tommy

Greasy Tommy

You know, I never thought of that, I'll have to give it a try.

6. Big D

Big D

Sounds like your on top of your projects, keep the hobby going, your the future, welcome to the HAMB. BIG D

7. Greasy Tommy

Greasy Tommy

thanks man, its good to know that some people see us youngin's that way, most people just think we're dumb kids.

8. coupe5w36

coupe5w36

Welcome from Australia Tommy. Sounds like you gonna be busy for a while. Cheers.