Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy here, I stand in Awe of this site.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Babyearl, May 25, 2008.

1. Babyearl

Babyearl

I am a retired Machinist that had visions of grandure of my accomplished past,, Damn have I ever been fooling myself. I was introduced to this site by a friend a few days back, and spent quite a few hours just browsing and reading different tech articles. This is where I started to realize that I wouldn't make a pimple on some of these guys' butts. I have read so many good articles and seen many neat tools that I felt the want to respond to the do'ers. So in order to respond I had to join,, so now you'll just have to put up with my opinions and comments (well maybe not). Anyway, I hope to be accepted into this fine site.
    babyearl

2. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welcome from Maryland. I'm sure a retired machinist can add to the conversations.

3. Welcome to the hamb,,,HRP

4. pecker head

pecker head

Welcome from Corsicana , machinist rule !

5. guiseart

guiseart

Don't stand in awe - it'll get all over your boots.

6. mopar210

mopar210

babyearl im in agreement with you , ive been in the car business (gm dealership svc mgr) for 32 years , and the brain power on this site is very impressive , the talent extensive , i too was just informed of the site at the jalopy showdown recently , and in just a few short days have been humbled by the vastness of all the peoples knowledge of this great hobby . mopar 210

7. Yeah, we might be hoodlums but we can get shit done.

8. tinyt869

tinyt869

Welcome from good old MO
    my dad was a machinist for many yrs taught me alot and still does

9. skyrodder

skyrodder

Welcome from Houston

10. Ratmat

Ratmat

Welcome from Cleveland Oh Just built my first rod over the winter a 30 Ford pickup - I have built many muscle cars but these are different - they really test your mechanical ability you really don't know how much work they actually are until you build one! Lots of welding and grinding for sure. I already want to build another one! They are a blast! This stuff is a real art.