Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from tennessee

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by injunjoes, Jun 12, 2007.

1. injunjoes

injunjoes

hey whats up everyone my name is joe im from a small town in Tennessee(45 min east of memphis) I have grown up around hot rods and kustoms all of my life, i was one of the lucky few to be born into a Kustom family. I love all sorts of cars but mainly REAL HOt RODS and KUSTOMS. Over the past few years i have really been into the odd ball cars that noone really builds and just imagining what it could look like. I am currently workin on a 59 Ford Custom 300 that my great grandfather bought brand new, so far i have airbagged it and shaved the doors and trunk gotten rid of a ton of emblems and tunneled the tailights 2", future plans are 4 65 riviera seats with a full center console flowing to the package tray, and some sort of a green paint job so who knows maybe it will be done one day oh yeah I am building this car completely myself from suspension to motor, paint interior all in my shop anyway if you have any questions feel free to ask:cool: later everyone

2. Retroharley

Retroharley

Welcome. Lets see some pics of that 59 Ford.

3. TINGLER

TINGLER

Welcome.
    Stick around. There are a lot of folks here from TN.

4. injunjoes

injunjoes

thanks guys there might be a couple of crappy pics on my profile but i will work on getting some this weekend

5. injunjoes

injunjoes

allright figured i would do a little updating i know it has taken a while but my shop burnt in july with my car inside( yea i know SUCKS) anyway i have been starting completly over heres a few pics
    [​IMG]

6. injunjoes

injunjoes

before the fire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

day after the fire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and how she sits now sorta
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

shes pretty much the same i dont have alot of time to work on it a whole lot but shes now in sealer and ready to redo body work and throw in some other things, im having more fun workin on it this time than the first. Enjoy the pics and im on the lookout for stainless trim and tailights and otrher parts that were ruined thanks again JoE

7. Studebakester

Studebakester
    from Oxnard, CA

Very cool project. it's good to do the different/orphan cars up, especially as kustoms IMHO. Bummer about the fire, but it looks like you're recovering from it well.
    I came from Paris, TN to sunny California 35 years ago. All of my family is still there, so I visist when I can. In fact, my daughter moved to Murfreesboro about a year ago, and my brother-in-law lives in Nashville, so I've got a lot people there.
    I've got a nephew making a living restoring muscle cars and building street machines in a shop by his house. He's gradually moving towards the traditional hot rods and kustoms, I think. His dad and I were best friends in high school and both drove 55 Chevies, so he loves those.
    Anyway, just wanted to say 'Howdy, and welcome aboard.' db