Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from SD

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by stinger40, Dec 31, 2012.

1. stinger40

stinger40

I am a new guy from San Diego. Been working on cars all my life- learned it from my dad- he has stories of me and my brother "working" under the dash of his '56 ford when I was about 5 years old. Been a mustang guy most of my adult life but always loved the older stuff as well, and as I have gotten older my tastes are changing- I really would like to be driving an old style hot rod. I have a 40 pickup basket case I picked up years ago and am anxious to get started on it soon as I get a few other projects around the house finished up, and get my workshop in order. My plan for the pickup is a y block ford engine and packard 3 speed overdrive transmission with an early packard floor shift conversion. My metal working skills are not the greatest but I am not afraid to try anything, and often times that means doing something 2 or 3 times to get it right but thats fine. I have been lurking on this site for over a month and so far like what I see.