Register now to get rid of these ads!

new guy from S.E. PA

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NickJT, Jul 19, 2012.

1. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Hello folks. My name is Nick from just west of Philadelphia, PA. I only recently discovered this forum but so far I really like what I've seen and read.

I'm north of 60 years old but with modern advanced medicine and some luck, I figure I can still be enjoying these cars for another 40 years so that brings me to my plans.

I've always loved cars of all sorts and recently decided to start learning more about hot rods since I'm planning to build a traditional street rod coupe, not even sure exactly what it will be yet, but I'm studying what's here to help solidify my ideas.

But then I told myself I'm getting a bit old to wait a year or two to drive one and that led me to shop for a roadster which I can enjoy while the coupe is coming together. So while my fabricator buddy and I lay plans for the coupe, I'm hoping to snag a roadster very soon.

In fact, there's one fantastic car in the classified ads here that I'm sort of obsessing about since I saw it; even dreamed about it last night. I only hesitate to specify which one so as not to draw undue attention to it and have one of you snag it while I'm trying to decide if it fits what I need...I love it but it's quite a bit different than I originally envisioned....OK, it's that '27 Nash Speedster posted by Kirk! Wow, what gorgeous piece!

Anyway, I also tend to write too much so I'll end now before it's too late.

I just hope to pick up ideas and learn from all you guys who have done this already.

my edit: see, the Speedster is sold already :(

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  2. prpmmp

prpmmp

Welcome from West Grove!! 40 miles south of Philly!! pete

3. Ghost28

Ghost28

Welcome to the HAMB form ColoRODo. Too bad about the nash, but stick around there will be more.

4. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

5. hey nick! welcome from Hatboro,Pa

6. fleetside66

fleetside66

Hi Nick..welcome from the Lehigh Valley. There's a lot of HAMB stuff going on in our neck of the woods..keep your eyes & ears open. By the way, I wish I was still 60.

7. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Thanks, guys.

fleetside,
    It made me happy that a few of the roadsters I'm checking for purchase are owned by guys who think I'm "young" :) Glad to see you as a prime example of that.

hotrodsurfer,
    I work in Warminster right next to Ivyland. Meet me at Tony's on Bristol Rd. and I'll buy us lunch and a brew. Do you have any hot rod connections to help me search for a roadster locally? ...that would be greatly appreciated. I'm checking one in Delaware over this weekend but I think it will be too fancy for my tastes.

8. twistedridez

twistedridez

Hey Nick, Welcome from Limerick,Pa.

9. adams27

adams27

Welcome Nick!