Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Milwaukee

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Shotdowninflames, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Shotdowninflames

Shotdowninflames
    from Milwaukee

Hello to everyone from Brew City!

My name is Todd and I live in the Milwaukee area. I grew up in central Wisconsin and much of my childhood was spent at my grandfather's bodyshop. I never missed a chance to explore the junkyard behind it. During the late 60's and early 70's, this was a great place for a future gear head to grow up and has fueled my passion for hot rods and fast cars to this day.

Naturally, I began working on cars at an early age, which I continued to do all the way through college. After graduating, I was unable to find a teaching position so I took a job at a car dealership. I spent the next 18 years as a mechanic, shop foreman, and eventually service manger. Unfortunately, I found myself unemployed when GM claimed bankruptcy and eliminated our dealership. I was frustrated with the entire automotive industry and tired of working on somebody else's car and never on my own. I went back to school to get my teaching license and I am now teaching elementary school. This career change has renewed my passion for hot rods and cool cars. Now when I come home, I get to enjoy working on my own cars!

My current project is a 1960 f-100. I have owned several muscle cars and I have built a few stock cars over the years, but I have always wanted a hot rod truck. I have finished most of the sheet metal work and I am currently deciding on a powertrain and suspension combination. I would like to keep it correct for the early 60's but also safe (Maybe someone has some ideas?). I also have a 1961 292 y-block that I would like to incorporate (I love the sound of a strong y-block!). Still thinking this over though, will probably be expensive.

I think this is a great site and I look forward to learning from all of you about hot rods and making some new friends. Hopefully, my experience can be useful to others and I can make a positive contribution to your forums.

Thanks!
    Todd

2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

3. big bad john

big bad john

...Todd.....thanks for the great intro....and welcome from a fellow cheesehead.....lots of nice and interesting people here to help you with that truck....Check out a few social groups....Wisconsin Hambers, truck groups,ect.....now, sit back and enjoy the H.A.M.B......Big Bad John.

4. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Enjoy from Conn.

5. Welcome from Connecticut

6. Welcome from Birnamwood.............

7. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

welcome to the hamb also from milwaukee!

8. sassaquinn

sassaquinn

Welcome from Massachusetts.

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

10. Todd,
    Nice intro.
    Welcome from across the pond.

11. Gerg

Gerg

Welcome from Sheboygan

12. Shotdowninflames

Shotdowninflames
    from Milwaukee

Thanks for the welcome guys!

13. oldman2

oldman2

Hello and welcome from Missouri.

14. skoh73

skoh73

Welcome form 20 miles west of you! Your story sounds eerily familiar- I am currently unemployed with a degree in education hoping to find employment elsewhere. You are gonna love the HAMB!

15. Welcome form Kansas. Most don't take the time to introduce themselves like you have, great job! :D Enjoy the board.