Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy from Maryland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 27Tudor, Jun 17, 2007.

1. 27Tudor

27Tudor

My name is Dan and I am in Annapolis, Maryland. I have been into cars all of my life but never owned a street rod - I still don't but I hope to soon enough. My father-in-law is kind of a spaz and got into restoring a 27 Tudor and a 31 Sport Coupe about 15 years ago. He got transferred to Hawaii and put the cars in storage. When he got back he wasn't interested any more so he sold the A and gave me the fully restored Tudor. It's a nice car but would be even cooler as a traditional rod. I am thinking of hopping up the banger, put in a Model A banjo, Z'ing the rear, dropped axle up front, drums all around, 16" steel wheels with WW Firestone bigs and littles. Nothing fancy but still fun and cost effective. My 9 year old daughter is my car buddy and we did the NSRA Nats in York a few weeks ago and a fathers day show today. She is really into flames. I'll try to post a pic of my car and one of my daughter as soon as I figure out how to do it correctly.

2. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Welcome! My 8 year old daughter is my car buddy!

3. Welcome to the board from White Marsh, MD

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. What's the latest on your '27 "T" project, Dan?

lothianwilly71 likes this.

5. Welcome Dan. Sounds like you've got a fun project to get into.
    If you can, put the Jalopyrama event on you & your buddy's schedule for October. It's up here in Westminster but well worth the ride. See: http://www.jalopyrama.com/

6. 27Tudor

27Tudor

I am trying to get the stock T running. It sat for so long most of the valves were stuck. I broke one taking them out so I am replacing with stainless. I want to get it running and enjoy it stock before I decide to rod it or not.

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

hotrodharry2 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  7. 27Tudor

27Tudor

Tartruck, thanks, I have been before. Since you are talking car shows, last year I went to a great show in Dundalk that was a good mix of rods and customs but I haven't seen it on any show lists. Have you heard of anything?

Sent from my SM-N910V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. .............Mobtown Greaseball, Dundalk Moose Lodge, Sept. 24th.

9. 27Tudor

27Tudor

10. Put this on your calendar, Dan.:) 18620109_1703816012966892_6812381755013145086_n.jpg

11. Hello and Welcome to the H.A.M.B. Enjoy your ride....

12. Dude, he joined before you. :rolleyes:

13. I know...:D:D:p