Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Guy From AZ

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by AZAV8, May 5, 2005.

1. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Hi from AZAV8. That pretty much says things about me. I'm from Arizona, more specifically, Mesa. For those not familiar with this dry heat place that is next to Phoenix in the middle of the state. I've been here since before 90% of the people in this state were born. I'm building an A-V8. A highboy '29 roadster pickup body and bed on a '32 frame. 8BA flathead (what else) with a Tremec TKO 5-speed transmission. No pictures yet as there aren't enough parts yet to assemble into a car.

I'll be careful for a while and learn the "rules" better before I post too much. I can be opinionated about some things. I've been into hot rods since I was a teenager so I'm knowledgable about a bunch of things; but I'm NEVER too old to learn something else, even from some kid younger than my kids. There are a couple of "rules" I follow: 1. Real hot rodders build their own cars. and 2. There are no "dumb" questions.

AZAV8

2. Quite a few AZ guys here now some are a bit older than you would expect and there are a few enthusiasitic young guys too.

I don't claim to be an old guy but I do know alot of them.

3. labelkills

labelkills

Im a young guy from phoenix.

WELCOME!

4. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

Welcome to the HAMB AZ

5. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Im 37, is that old or young?:D Anyway, welcome from Tucson.

6. Kerry67

Kerry67

Chandler, AZ here....HI there !!! Damn is it hot here already.....Kerry

7. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

welcome , take a trip over to 35th ave and northern on fri nights .Alotta hambers from az make it there .We can always use another old guy for road trips , they are great for the aarp hotel rate cuts :D.

8. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

Hello and welcome!:D

9. RatTruck

RatTruck
    from Arizona

Hey alright a few AZ guys in the Hamb. I'm in Glendale getting this ready to start my project. If you guys have any tips as to good yards to go to for things or shops for others I would surely appreciate it and welcome AZAV8.