Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy (FNG) and I've done screwed up

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by olemansmith, Jan 17, 2018.

1. olemansmith

olemansmith

I just read the rules (I like 'em)!
    I bet the administrator (Ryan) saw my avatar when I first signed up today. I'm sure he said... he's puttin up a pic of him & damn his muscle car. Is he crazy? Sorry, I'll get rid of it if you want me to Ryan.
    On a different note, I am an "old fart". I am from that "Peace Signs, Mag Wheels & 4 0n the Floor generation. I'm a Vietnam vet. I cut my teeth on hot rod cars. First car (1962) was a '35 Chrysler coach body (gutted) with a '50 Cadillac motor & transmission. Home made drive shaft, front half caddy, back half Mopar. It was straight and didn't shake. It had real bucket seats...2 five gallon coal buckets turned upside down to sit on. It was a real death trap. 3 out of 4 brakes lines were broke right at the hub and were bent over and hammered closed. Whens the last time you drove an old 30's wet brake model with just the right front brake to stop you? I'll try to be good here boys and not piss anybody off. I'll just shut up, listen & learn. Tell ya how I got here...I chased a topic about Sun Electric Test Equipment off google back to this site and wanted to know more. So I joined to find out what your guys know. I'm rebuilding my old Sun PDT-5D (military version) distributor tester. Both of my, if you'll let me use the word, hot rods, are bone stock & use point distributors. I do believe in the old stuff. I grew up on it. Nothing makes me any happier than dusting some guys rice burner Toe-yo- bitchy with the fart can muffler out on the interstate in my Pontiac. By the way, I am big on Pontiac's. I owned a '37 2dr. sedan, '59 Catalina, '62 Ventura. I did briefly own a '62 409 impala. Won't talk about anything newer than those. I still miss that 421 4-speed Ventura. Can I stay? Eddie

PS: I don't type good, this took an hour. Old man you know!