Register now to get rid of these ads!

New From Virginia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Japper, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Japper

Japper

Hi all, Call Me Japper, its an old family game and a made up name, good story for another time,

I have two projects one that is done for the most part and my project...One a 1931 Ford Coupe traditional Model A.. ( I purchased the car thinking I would build a Hot Rod, I even bought the Flathead before I bought the car.) Once I started working with the Model A community I fell for the family atmosphere and enjoyed the learning and help, so I built an orignal Model A......but! Now its time for the Hot Rod.

My Project is a 1931 Slant Window, I have cut it in half, removing the second rear door. I was lucky enought to get one of the French Flatheads years ago before they got too expensive. I have just finished a little "Z'ing" on the rear of the frame. I am always learning and will have many questions. I will share all that I can.
    Thanks
    Japper

Here is a little of what I have done so far,

31 Slant window town car to 2 door sland window extended cab....??. and a little "Z"ing of the frame. IMG_3109.JPG IMG_0276.JPG IMG_0927.JPG IMG_0928.JPG IMG_0940.JPG IMG_0945.JPG

If there is a picture I have or something I can show please let me know I an happy to help or share.

Japper

2. Welcome from nearby Maryland. Cool project! What part of Virginia do you call home?

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  3. Japper

Japper

Thanks,

I’m in Fairfax.

4. ....Don't forget about the Jalopyrama this coming Sat. Well worth the ride to Easton.:) FB_IMG_1549067302876 (1).jpg

catdad49 and Ron Funkhouser like this.

5. { JAPPER } Welcome to the HAMB. I live just a little further to west, in the Shenandoah valley. That A, is one cool project! Keep us posted on your progress. I'll be going to the Jalopyrama also. But I'm riding with a friend this year. Being from Fairfax, your probably don't mind the heavy city traffic. But I'm getting a little older now. So this old country boy, tries to avoid traffic.:rolleyes: Lol Hope to meet you in person sometime. Ron....

catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Welcome, Japper! That's a nice looking frame & shortened body.
    I'm in Fairfax, too. There's a small but growing number of us. :)
    I just sent you a Personal Message (PM). To read it, click the envelope near the upper right corner of this page.

7. Welcome. Hope we can meet at Jalopyrama this Saturday. I'll be in my avatar.

Phil

8. rs57

rs57
    from oklahoma

Welcome to the site

9. Japper

Japper

Thanks all, looking forward to meeting you.

Been out of town for a bit.

Will be boxing the rest of the frame soon..

Thanks,

Japper

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  10. catdad49

catdad49

Great project, Japper. Don't hesitate to show the other A that you have. Welcome from Portsmouth, Carp.

lothiandon1940 likes this.